Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Got some rims today. Just went with 18 x 8's, 225/40's, no rubbing issues or anything which is ok.

I havent got the best pics either but im not taking any glamour shots untils its been lowered.

I cant stand without suspension!! :)

I added some better pics to it that I just took up the road :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Lookin' good, man! I love bronze wheels...

joneSi

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice, would 235's rub?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys!

nice, would 235's rub?

I hope so!! Because when I finally settled on a pair (im such a fussy c***when it comes to any dress up), the guy's like "what tyres you want to run?" so I channelled all my 3GWRX info and spat out "I wouldnt mind running 235's" and I got the, "bro, you'll rub" "trust me" and a few other big words and i was like ok 225's will do it..

Man, I have to say the 225's give it a much nicer look though, so I am now really feeling everyones happiness with 225 rubber. The 205 rubber was garbage...

Seeing my 225's on the car finally, I imagine 235's (and any bigger) would look animal on the Rex imo especiallt the shot just rolling behind it..
Nice!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Those look killer. I've been debating between bronze or chrome. I'm leaning more towards bronze. What brand are those? 8)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks heaps man ;D

They are a Lenso rim.

The series is a: Type M - Copper Bronze

Im still so undecided on how to lower it,

I can:

a) Lower it with the Eibach springs (which have been my favourite stance creation springs)

b) Use the Paypal refund Im getting on that Sat Nav unit I bought, and just get like some Ksport/other brand coil overs.. (proper job but pricey..) OR

c) just get some Sti Pinks, and keep my warranty... (least best stance but best looking [pink!] and warranty! IMO) and maybe throw on a TMIC with the change
;D

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow!...those wheels are sick dude...i have the same color car...i m diggin those bronze wheels too...i m not sure we get lenso's here in canada!....where did you get those from....spincity?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks heaps man ;D

They are a Lenso rim.

The series is a: Type M - Copper Bronze

I can:

a) Lower it with the Eibach springs (which have been my favourite stance creation springs)

b) Use the Paypal refund Im getting on that Sat Nav unit I bought, and just get like some Ksport/other brand coil overs.. (proper job but pricey..) OR

c) just get some Sti Pinks, and keep my warranty... (least best stance but best looking [pink!] and warranty! IMO) and maybe throw on a TMIC with the change
;D
bro i would recommend coilovers... worth every penny and it has more resale value if you wanna change setup..
my 2cents

·
Registered
496 Posts

I can:

;D
Wait for Eibach to release their pro-street coilover kit!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I would go with the coilovers. The Eibach is comfy not aggressive and does not come with the top hats for camber adjustment so you will still have the soft rubber ones.
I would go with the KSport, D2, Megan, or BC Racing They all have different rates for you. Aggressive for a decent price. I think the KSport have 9 and 9 which are the most aggressive out of the box Ive seen for the WRX. BC racing has the nice $95 exchange policy though after the 1 yr warranty period.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would go with the coilovers. The Eibach is comfy not aggressive and does not come with the top hats for camber adjustment so you will still have the soft rubber ones.
I would go with the KSport, D2, Megan, or BC Racing They all have different rates for you. Aggressive for a decent price. I think the KSport have 9 and 9 which are the most aggressive out of the box Ive seen for the WRX. BC racing has the nice exchange policy though after the 1 yr warranty period.
Exchange policy? please go on? I have noticed some of the places that stock Ksport etc suggest the consumer to order a pre set spring rate or something? Any idea on settings?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looking sharp, dude! I'm glad to hear that 225s don't rub at all :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I would go with the KSport, D2, Megan, or BC Racing They all have different rates for you. Aggressive for a decent price. I think the KSport have 9 and 9 which are the most aggressive out of the box Ive seen for the WRX. BC racing has the nice exchange policy though after the 1 yr warranty period.
Exchange policy? please go on? I have noticed some of the places that stock Ksport etc suggest the consumer to order a pre set spring rate or something? Any idea on settings?
If you purchase from a BC vendor they give you the warranty info for the exchange program. If the dampers blow for any reason for life, you exchange them for a new damper for $95 direct from BC.
Most vendors also allow you to choose rates for your BC coils. For the WRX I would say 8F and 8R STi 10k 10k because of the additional power and available traction differences. It is up to you though you can go any combo you want. I prefer to go to the more aggressive side as the dampers are adjustable anyways. You can also drop more aggressively on higher rates without rubbing issues.

If you are specifically a down hiller stiffer in the front, uphiller stiffer in the rear, there are so many things for you to consider and thats the fun of it ;D
You can even buy additional sets of springs if you like. The BC sets are valved to handle +- 2kg from what they come out of the box with.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I am not an employee of BC or affiliated with them just providing input to answer your questions.
Ksport, Megan, Tein, JIC, HKS, Apexi vendors did not allow me the option to change rates. just to purchase the set of coils that had the rates I wanted. HKS sport had 12 10 while their regulars had 7 and 6 etc etc....

I heard though that KW was willing and RCE was doing this as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts