Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody can advise what kind of GPS to get ? Need a really user friendly one too...
I am a new driver, cannot understand map... So having problem getting around the island...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Garmin Nuvi

Hands down...

If not Tom Toms are very good

I recommend both, reason why, Ive used both and sell both @ work

·
Registered
0 Posts
Garmin Nuvi

Hands down...

I second that. I'm using a Nuvi 200, the cheapest GPS at SGD240. Easy to use and configure. Much better than those built-in ones that comes with some cars.

For example, my sister's Nissan Presage comes with an inbuilt-in GPS from Nissan. Compared to my Nuvi, it was slow, retarded, and full of mistakes. It even got my sister lost, what a joke!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Garmin Nuvi

Hands down...

I second that. I'm using a Nuvi 200, the cheapest GPS at SGD240. Easy to use and configure. Much better than those built-in ones that comes with some cars.

For example, my sister's Nissan Presage comes with an inbuilt-in GPS from Nissan. Compared to my Nuvi, it was slow, retarded, and full of mistakes. It even got my sister lost, what a joke!
I'm using it too....good practical product. Likewise, previous GPS in my palm phone was really sucky :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Tomtom and garmin are the two ONLY brand to look for when you want a portable GPS

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have a Mio and works fine for me. Especially at $100USD shipped :D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I heard that GPS are overpriced here in singapore.

I got my Nuvi200 at around SGD250 which is roughly USD140. How much is it in USA or Canada?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
when i was in SG last winter i got quoted 400$SG for a nuvi 200 at simlim, ang moh price alway like that one :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts