Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I thought I'd give back to the community with this review.

My pre-setup was as below:
Cobb springs
Ralliktek sways
stock struts
stock endlinks

Despite all the aftermarket goodness, I'd still push through turns.
Throttle oversteer was unpredictable; sometimes I would understeer furthur before the rear settles and rotates.

In come group A rear endlinks.

(Photo from zulukingcrowned)

They're solid inch thick bushing/spacer type links of billet aluminum
Very well designed
Fitment with Rallitek sways was good; installation, as would be expected was quick

Understeer gone; throttle oversteer on tap
No moving parts are a plus. No squeaking :)

I think the ball joint design of the stock endlink was allowing some play before activating the swaybar

Either that or just increased relative stiffness of the rear suspension

Check them out at www.groupa.ca

Thanks to Dimitri at Group A for re-defining good customer service

-riz

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Semi solid dogbone? The blue is hard rubber right?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I was considering getting a set of these for my whiteline bars. The whiteline endlinks were good, but they made a little bit of noise. Not a lot of noise, but I'm anal so even a little is too much for me. I will be picking up a set of these to replcae them.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
A company called 4zero1 motorsports sells them on their website for $125 per pair. There are two other companies that Group A lists as vendors, but they don't have the products listed on their sites. One question about the endlinks, how well do they fit? By that I mean do they come with spacers so that they mount vertically, or are they angled a lot?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm also curious about the angle. Do you have any pics.

I have the whitelines, but maybe in for some simpler solid ones for the winter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A company called 4zero1 motorsports sells them on their website for 5 per pair. There are two other companies that Group A lists as vendors, but they don't have the products listed on their sites. One question about the endlinks, how well do they fit? By that I mean do they come with spacers so that they mount vertically, or are they angled a lot?
There is a bit of angulation, but not too much. I'll get some pics when I have some time to get them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Good to know! I had thought about getting these. Kartboys maybe a good solid endlink alternative. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Holy crap that is a meaty endlink!
Yeah, they're quite nice aside from Chanke's bad luck. But, good luck getting them, Group A kept saying they were producing new stock for their distributors and it never happened. I'm stuck with a stock front endlink and I'm just about to say F it and get a KB front.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
thats probably a better route imo. kartboy's are pretty similar. you don't really need a massively overbuilt endlink like the group A's, and the bushings are a little soft for my preference anyway, left things feeling a little mushy.
I don't think I'm sensitive enough to notice a difference in feeling from the bushing. lol

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
maybe not, i didn't think i was either, but there was definitely a difference. of course i was coming from whitelines so anything would feel mushy in comparison. i like the ralliteks quite a bit in comparison. i was expecting them to make a little noise, but they don't.

group a is definitely a pain in the ass to deal with. you would think canada was halfway across the world given how it's easier to get things from australia and japan than from there.
Yep, I was amazingly patient too. I guess I'm going to breakdown and order KBs because I definitely notice the front end has quite a bit of bodyroll that I think I can attribute to still having the stock front links.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
It seems like everyone follows the same path with GroupA. Loving their beefy parts --> getting rear endlinks --> not being able to get front/not being able to contact them at all --> not being able to find retailers --> giving up and buying Kartboy.

Exactly what happened to me!

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
It seems like everyone follows the same path with GroupA. Loving their beefy parts --> getting rear endlinks --> not being able to get front/not being able to contact them at all --> not being able to find retailers --> giving up and buying Kartboy.

Exactly what happened to me!
Well I spoke with TougeTuning (their distributor) a bunch, and we both got pretty pissed about the situation. I had some contact with Group A as well, but they were so wishy-washy. :( What a shame, might as well close this thread lol.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Wow chanke I couldn't even break these. Had nothing but good to say about my group a's. Only problem was I couldn't get to the stiff setting on my sway bar but I'm not gonna get on a tirade about that old story. I had the fronts. I mat still have them not sure tho they may have gone with the car. Did they stop making the fronts?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Wow chanke I couldn't even break these. Had nothing but good to say about my group a's. Only problem was I couldn't get to the stiff setting on my sway bar but I'm not gonna get on a tirade about that old story. I had the fronts. I mat still have them not sure tho they may have gone with the car. Did they stop making the fronts?
I think they've stopped production all together, or at least distribution. If you have those fronts, I'll take them!!!

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
WOO! Patience paid off. Apparently Touge Tuning has gotten their LAST shipment of Group A stuff. Check out tougetuning.com's clearance section for them. So happy to complete the set, fronts should be here this week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts