Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that pisses me off, when i hit ovr 15 psi boost in 3rd, and 4th gear, it shuts off and throws the code....verry annoying. any fixes known besides protune and restrictor pill?

·
Registered
344 Posts
What stage 2 map are you using?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
93oct map, which is what gas i run.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've been getting the same thing even with my Stage 1......I also got it with Stage 2. What the crap!!????

·
Registered
103 Posts
so far i had best luck with perrin stage 1 map 93 octane, revision 2, tried cobb, and didnt like it, i think the perrin one is more aggresive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya from what i undersand from reading forums, is that nothing will fix that except a protune. the problem is that cobb ap purposely limits the max boost on their programs for safety, so it activates the shut off and we experience the "kickback lightshow" lol.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
ya from what i undersand from reading forums, is that nothing will fix that except a protune. the problem is that cobb ap purposely limits the max boost on their programs for safety, so it activates the shut off and we experience the "kickback lightshow" lol.
Does that happen w/ OTS maps?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
that pisses me off, when i hit ovr 15 psi boost in 3rd, and 4th gear, it shuts off and throws the code....verry annoying. any fixes known besides protune and restrictor pill?
If the car is "throwing the code" The ECU is just doing one of its jobs, protecting the motor from a dangerous over boost situation... To me the Cobb OTS map for stage II is a limp map so you can get your car safley to the ProTuner.

What mods are you running on your car?

Does that happen w/ OTS maps?
It is more likely to happen with the OTS maps. Not every runs exactly the same. A protune will taylor the map to fit your car, it can also be taylored to your driving style...

IMO if you go to stage II and not planning on doing much more to the motor get a protune... if you go to a tuner or a shop, which I recommend, they will work directly with your car and create a map for your car or use internet tuners they send you a OTS map you install it, run some data logs send them the logs and they send you back another map that should run safely on your car.

As of right now I am running OTS Cobb stage I, because it is safer than the stock map... I am waiting to see what a couple of different companys are going to do for downpipes on our 08's, at that point I will decide and get a protune.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Download Cobb's new stage 2 map from their website (version 1.01). This just came out late last week. They allow slightly higher boost levels without throwing CEL PO244. Has been working great for me for about 500 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts