Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Works Great... 16.5 psi in 2nd 17.4 psi 3rd&4th.... Quicker Response and spool...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is that?

·
Registered
752 Posts
just not very safe. you could kill the motor.

are you running the stock tune? stage 1? stage2?
are those numbers holding at red line? or does the boost spike 16-17 and taper down to like 10?
if those numbers hold at red line, i think you should turn the boost down.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stage 2 tune... Rallitek 94.. The boost stays jus like it did when it was runnin the factory solenoid...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
They will create more drivability; the turbo will spool faster and be more constant... They are tricky, and can damage your motor pretty quickly... but they can also add alot to it... IMO tune for it. I am installing one and having a PROTune (Road Tune) I was scheduled to get the tune today, but good old mother nature didn't agree with me :-\. Now I am set for Tue. evening ;D

I would not run anything more than 16psi MAX... 15psi to be safe. This is just a quick quote from my boost controller instructions

[quote author=Hallman Boost controller PRO Series Install Instruction]
Section 1, The Basics: Our boost controller functions by interrupting the pressure
line running to the wastegate actuator. The boost controller creates a differential in that line.
If your actuator is a 10 psi actuator and our controller is adjusted to create a 2 psi
differential then you will have 12 psi of boost. Since you can control the differential, you can
add boost beyond what your stock actuator is capable of producing.[/quote]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true... But the way my car runs right now is amazin i have done some accesport loggin and all the numbers were fine... and with rallitek stage 2 94 boost target is anywhere between 17 and 18 according to sean so I think everything is ok till i can make it to good ole virginia to get a protune.... Thanks for your input guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts