Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been checking out the forum, and figured I would sign up.
I have a 2008 silver wrx and i live in los angeles.
My mods so far

sti vf43 turbo
sti jdm tmic
sti manifold
avo fuel pump
stromung turbo back exhaust
unorthodox racing crank pully
silicone inlet pipe
go fast bits bov
mahle forged pistons
cosworth rods
cosworth bearings
group n engine and trans mounts
whiteline f/r sway bars
sti pink springs
whiteline strut brace
kartboy short shifter and bushings
rally armor flaps
primitive racing skid plate
cobb access port
enkei rsm wheels
falken 616 tires

I am almost done with the car for now. I have a few more things to get done, like the brakes, but I need a little more time to get it sorted.
Talk to everybody soon.
later.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I am still learning, but I have gotten a crash course by jumping in and tearing the car apart.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. I am still learning, but I have gotten a crash course by jumping in and tearing the car apart.
How difficult was it doing the STI swap? I know it isn't as easy as it was in the past, but I was considering just going with a FMIC and a old wrx style turbo (maybe FP green) and keeping the 08 wrx intake manifold. I thought it might save some time and money this way.

Nice job on your mods, keep it up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sti swap was a pain. If I could do it over I would either bolt on a legacy turbo or use a fmic like you said. The problem was after you put the sti manifold on nothing lined back up. Custom brackets had to be made and I had to get a new inlet pipe as well. Its all good now and has been a learning experience. The mods are starting to slow now, but there are still few things I want to do. I am looking forward to checking everyones builds!!
Later

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got tuned on a mustang dyno. On 91 octane it put down 287 hp and 301 torque. We have some more runs to do to get some low rpm throttle hesitation sorted out, but otherwise the car is running strong.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There have been a few times I have wanted to trade, but the car is starting to behave....thanks for the offer though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts