Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from the Toronto suburbs in Canada. I've looking over this forum the last couple of days and thought it would be good to join. I found you guys from the NASIOC forums. NASIOC has lots of info, but they are too big and there are many immature posters. I think this place is a good fit for me since it's specifically for the 08 Impreza. I'm here mostly to learn from this forum and give my opinion on certain things.

I bought my silver 08 WRX 5-door in october from a Buffalo dealer. The price difference ended up being $8,000 cheaper. I was going to get the base model in Canada, but I realised I could get the WRX for the same price in the US. I'm new to Subaru, new to owning a car ( I've always driven leased) and new to manual transmission. For 14 years I've only driven automatic transmission cars. I always wanted to learn MT, so I decided to get it for my new car. I must have stalled it 1000 times already.

There were 3 reasons I chose to buy a Subaru Impreza WRX. 1-Reliability, 2-AWD and 3-Horsepower. All my research in the summer pointed to the Impreza. I really like the new design (I'm a fan of the hatchback) except the front grill. I may change it in the future.

·
Registered
752 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum.

it took me a while to get use to driving mine, i stalled it alot when i first got it. i blame the car for being so quiet. lol

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yea this car have a weird clutch at first, but you get use to it

Welcome, glad you found us, it been growing fast lately, the place is taking shape ... thats good :)

i barely go on NASIOC lately, bored of 08 bashing anyway any good info on the 08 there will end up here anyway

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Welcome... Congrats on your Subie... I know that you will really enjoy it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
35 Posts
welcome... and hey... i leaned on a standard, and have only ever owned standards.. and even I stalled mine on the test drive... the WRX is a little more difficult compared to the average car, so dont worry about it :p.... and dude.. good move, i baught mine out of florida, dealership going out of buisness, got it $500 above list.. shipped it and all for a total savings of $8000 .. after ALL costs to get it here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys. I also noticed that NASIOC seems very anti 08 Impreza. I think in a few years many more people will grow to love the new look.

@ the_crazy_canadian
Florida is a long way to go for a car. :eek: As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah. I noticed that all the other Subie forums are very anit-08. I think that it sucks for them to be against us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts