Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I just got my 2008 WRX sedan (5mt obsidian black) for Christmas and it is my 3rd Impreza to date. I used to have a 2004 Impreza Hatch NA then I had 2006 STI which I traded in on the 2008 WRX. My wife is driving a 2004 Outback 5 speed when she is not driving my car. I LOVE MY SUBARU'S!!!! then again... I do live in Canada and we get a LOT of snow, so AWD just makes perfect sense. I work in the Sahara desert and I am gone from home 1/2 the time. I was going to get a snowmobile this winter but I opted out for a AWD snow machine! Drifting in snow is so much fun!!! :) I also have a 1970 Monte Carlo with 45000 miles that is in storage most of the time and I don't get to enjoy it much cause of my schedule and weather. I just ordered the Cobb lowering springs, the Rallitek front and rear sway bars and the Whiteline end links which should be @ my door when I get home. After owning the 2006 STI (Cop Magnet), I feel the WRX is just too soft and too much body roll but is a whole lot more descreet. I plan on tightening up the car before I start adding the go fast parts. Future mods to come.... AccessPort, TBE system, Short throw shifter and window tint. This group seems to be very friendly and informative. Nice to be able to correspond w/ other REX owners to share thoughts and ideas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
heyllo fellow canuck lol...(all the americans here probably think we talk like that all the time)..what part of canada you from...if your near toronto i have a 3'' crawford performance downpipe for you if you want it...real cheap too.. $300 i'll let it slide...

·
Registered
421 Posts
wow. all canadians in this topic eh?... haha i'm here to break that trend. Well i did spend 1 year in Canada to be fair..

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey pehon,

what were you doing for a year in the great white north?
I was in Moose Jaw and Cold Lake, kinda attached to the Canadian Airforce sent there by my own AF.

anyway, i did the "kiss the fish" newfoundland ritual and got a cert certifying that i'm a newfie. now where did i put that haha... wait. don't tell me there's no such thing as a "kiss the fish" ritual and i was tricked?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
haha never heard about such thing, but then im french and there lots of stuff they propably never heard about us
anyway the furtest i went was P-E-I and the cap breton on the east... and banff on the west (which i lived 6 month there)

·
Registered
717 Posts
as long as we're breaking trends....welcome, from the USA haha

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey pehon,

what were you doing for a year in the great white north?
I was in Moose Jaw and Cold Lake, kinda attached to the Canadian Airforce sent there by my own AF.

anyway, i did the "kiss the fish" newfoundland ritual and got a cert certifying that i'm a newfie. now where did i put that haha... wait. don't tell me there's no such thing as a "kiss the fish" ritual and i was tricked?
i wouldn't actually say ''tricked'' but it is our way of having a little laugh @ everyone else. i am breaking the code of secrecy by telling you that but i am not the first to let the cat out of the bag. did you get screeched in @ TRAPPER JOHN'S?? anyways... you are truly a honerary newfoundlander now.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i wouldn't actually say ''tricked'' but it is our way of having a little laugh @ everyone else. i am breaking the code of secrecy by telling you that but i am not the first to let the cat out of the bag. did you get screeched in @ TRAPPER JOHN'S?? anyways... you are truly a honorary newfoundlander now.
Nice. so i was tricked. haha oh well. honored to be a honorary newfoundlander haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts