Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...
:)

I just got my MT license last December, and for my first car I got myself the 2008 Subaru WRX STI (Japanese spec)... The car arrived last Saturday JST - and wow! Yes, it definitely was a fun car to ride...
;D

Unfortunately, because of Japan's advanced transportation system I only get to drive on weekends (and an AT on that...!!!), I dont have much experience driving an manual transmission vechile... I still have problems (shocks, etc.) during upshifts/downshifts. Also tend to over-rev, or slip back during inclines...
:-[

I really look forward to learning from people on how to get the most of my WRX STI...

Cheers!!!
;D

PS: Ill be posting pics of my car (Obsidian Black) soon...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Wow a brand new STi as first car.... just try to dont kill yourself with it
just kidding
Welcome, where are you in japan ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
just kidding

Yeah, as Couteau above... btw I'm in Japan too, S-GT not STI. Enjoy your beast, and try to go easy on it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
nice! welcome dude! I've just got to mention that the Spec C is coming out soon over there in japan. hahaha but the STI is a excellent car nevertheless! Guess you've just got to make more roadtrips on the weekends just to practice stick shifting!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Welcome to the site. Definately would like to see pics. Definately sucks that you can only drive on weekends. It is good because you wont have alot of miles but not as fun on transit system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to ALL: Thanks a lot for the greetings! It is much appreciated...
:D

just kidding
hi Courteau

hahahaha... heard you on that...

im currently based in Tokyo...

Yeah, as Couteau above... btw I'm in Japan too, S-GT not STI. Enjoy your beast, and try to go easy on it!
hi banion

nice to meet you - where are you based in Japan...

yeah, i was thinking of getting the S-GT Sports Package... however, the lines of the STI just got to me. hehehehe...

nice! welcome dude! I've just got to mention that the Spec C is coming out soon over there in japan. hahaha but the STI is a excellent car nevertheless! Guess you've just got to make more roadtrips on the weekends just to practice stick shifting!
hi pehon

thanks for the welcome...

yeah - from what i read in the magazines, everyone is really waiting for the Spec C. they say that the STI is 90% sports car, and 10% luxury sedan - the normal bucket-type seats the come with it dont even provide as much "hold" as the Civic Type R (one of my friends has one). also, they say that the current STI is just too heavy for taste.

as for more roadtrips - definitely! until i get used to it, i plan on clocking in an hour-a-day (around 12MN when the majority of Tokyo have fallen asleep and i have the road to myself...)

boosted08 and Lazarus: yes - would definitely upload some pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The best way to learn how to drive a manual???? Give it some shit.... learn out of sheer terror. only joking.... but seriously just give it some time and don't smash it into second as it will break like many gearboxes before it......

Even at midnight it was still busy in Tokyo.... but then again it was Rapongi ;D

·
Registered
138 Posts
hi banion

nice to meet you - where are you based in Japan...

yeah, i was thinking of getting the S-GT Sports Package... however, the lines of the STI just got to me. hehehehe...

Yeah I was surprised to see you - thought I was going to be the only one out here... I'm in Chiba, just outside Tokyo and probably not too far from you depending on where you live.

I had the showroom STI staring me straight in the face the whole time I was sitting there with the Subaru guy working out a deal for my car - I kept thinking to myself "That thing's a BEAST!" - but it was the cash really that made me not get one (about a million yen's worth of cash! - literally).

Anyway, I still haven't explored the limits of my S-GT yet, and probably won't for some time so I'm happy with it for sure. I do, however, try to convince myself that I didn't want one of those STI's anyway cause I actually like the shape of the S-GT better and blah blah blah cry cry cry etc ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts