Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just saying hey from Subiesport Magazine. I just picked up a 2008 WRX for a project car. I did a few hundred miles of driving yesterday and we already got it on the dyno for some baseline pulls on Pacific Import Auto's Mustang. We got 200whp and 225 lb/ft. Not bad for a stock td04. I will say these things run scary lean at the top end. We will be doing some tuning etc. If you guys have anything you really want to see (within reason) just give me a shout. I am going to stick with the stock turbo and engine for now. Hopefully we can keep the updates coming and we will be showing the car up and down the west coast this spring so I will keep you all updated on that as well.

Travis
Editor in Chief
Subiesport Magazine

·
Registered
549 Posts
welcome to the forum Travis! So does this mean we are gonna see some write up about your car in future issues of the magazine? Maybe even some articles of the cars on the forum here?! Well, i'll be looking forward to see how your car turns out!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome to 3Gwrx ! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your new toy.

Especially looking forward to seeing what you guys do tuning and suspension -wise.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome, keep us updated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did get a chance to take the car out to our airfield track... holy shit does this thing understeer. No matter what we did it just understeered, even an E-brake turn made it understeer... gonna have to fix this.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i noticed this with my sedan. I put springs on, rear sway bar, and steering bushings. Seemed to help a ton!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I did get a chance to take the car out to our airfield track... holy shit does this thing understeer. No matter what we did it just understeered, even an E-brake turn made it understeer... gonna have to fix this.
Yeah, rallitek sway bar upgrades are very popular here :p

Welcome Subiesport!

·
Registered
77 Posts
When should the new issue be in my mailbox? I have read the prev issue cover to cover about 15 times (4 of those on the plane ride to Phoenix from Knoxville TN for a Subaru Ride & Drive for the 08 STI, 08 WRX and 09 forester).

Anything I can do to help with the magazine from East TN, namely the area surrounding "the dragon" (Armin knows what it is).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts