Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Subie community. Purchased an 08 WRX 5 door in Sept and I am loving the car, which replaced a modded 90 Miata. So far I have put on 10,000 kms and have replaced the grill, tinted the windows, removed all the lettering on the rear hatch, painted that awful chrome strip to match the car, installed an STi short shifter with a Momo knob, installed a K&N filter, installed a custom dual exhaust yesterday and will install Cusco Zero 2E's on Wednesday. Right now I'm running the stock 17 inch wheels and all season tires, but I'm looking forward to putting the summer tires and 18" Enkei EVO 6 wheels on when the weather improves. Should look good with the car lowered.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the club. Did you paint the chrome strip yourself? I wonder how 4-door wr blue would look if i paint mine.. I think your hatch definitely looks better than stock.

·
Registered
717 Posts
back looks pretty sick good job!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Welcome fellow canadian !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ineedred was asking if I painted the rear chrome strip myself. I got it done at a local paint shop. They removed it, sanded it masked the logo (they messed up and ended up painting the chrome oval on the outside of the loga, but I don't really care) and then they painted it with the Subaru metalic black, clearcoated and replaced it. Took about two hours and cost me about $200. I am very pleased with the result. To replace the missing chrome I added two new chrome tips on the custom dual exhausts.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
so basicaly having it pro painted will end up costing the same as getting the STI strip then

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
probably, I didn't price out an STi rear strip because I didn't know if it fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts