Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am completely new to this site, and am happy to say I bought my MY08 WRX today. Should be getting it friday hopefully.
Went the blue, even though i sort of wanted red as well!
I know it will be different to the MY03 I was driving previously, but we will see how it wears in.
About me: Im from Australia, Love cars and motors, and Im back at uni...
He'ya!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new car. ;D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Whats up, Whats up, Whats up!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi from OZ. The 08 has plenty of potential and coming from a 03, you will notice the early push from the turbo.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wat up Big-J!! ;D
Hey Australia, how are you. Is that your black ride in the avatar photo? You like the new rexies?
You ever hook into any of the charity cruises or anything? Im keen to back into the cars a lttle bit.
So far this site has been great - Just the photo's and all the ideas for the rims and other things has been awesome.
(Yes Im pretty sure the first thing im doing is getting some black rims!
Also I have noticed in US of A, the rexies are different? Some have the same set up as ours, some have like no body kit and different grill??
Some have push button start??? Its.. Freaking me out!!!
Deep breaths...
Whats with all the models.. we shiould have a simple post acknowledging the models..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Australia, how are you. Is that your black ride in the avatar photo? You like the new rexies?
You ever hook into any of the charity cruises or anything? Im keen to back into the cars a lttle bit.
So far this site has been great - Just the photo's and all the ideas for the rims and other things has been awesome.
(Yes Im pretty sure the first thing im doing is getting some black rims!
Also I have noticed in US of A, the rexies are different? Some have the same set up as ours, some have like no body kit and different grill??
Some have push button start??? Its.. Freaking me out!!!
Deep breaths...
Whats with all the models.. we shiould have a simple post acknowledging the models..
Yes that's mine in the avatar. The car has been very reliable and the power delivery reminds me of my old V8. I would like a bit more up top, but you cannot have everything.
Basically have upgraded all the suspension and wheels/tyres, custome CB exhaust (
) , painted out the back chrome and debadged the front. I have also added a OBD II and Defi boost guage.
Went on the NSW WRX Club cruise from a few months back and keep up with everyone no problems (
). Recommend upgrading the wheels/tyres and suspension if you can and if you like the Subaru rumble, then upgrade the exhaust. Please be aware that you cannot do much to upgrade the performance (in OZ) without also getting a ECU/dyno tune. Although expensive, this is next on my list when I will also fit a TBE and basically have a 09+.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks 08REXX! Glad to be part of it.

I have to say this, but I have read a lot of reviews bagging the 08's handling.
I know what they mean but I dont agree fully.
I have had a MY99, MY03 (lowered), and now an MY08 ;D
The MY08 rolls more, sure, but im finding it turns in heaps better and holds the line like a rear/front driver... doesnt have that floating 4wd feeling?
I dont know... maybe Im just really enjoying the new car feel but coming out of, and holding long curves is so nice now I can only imagine it once i get the sway bars and springs...

Hey Black thing let us know when the rexies in Sydney get together again, I would love to get the Mrs and hit up a cruise!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts