Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the story. I bought my wrx used with 20k on the clock. Got a great deal but the clutch was already slipping. I knew this so I put in an exedy organic clutch. Fast forward 40k miles. My firewall welds to my clutch bracket break so bad that now you can't push the clutch in and engage a gear. So me being a bmw tech I rip the dash out and everything back so the pedal bracket can get welded. Now I need some help on how some of you have welded it and fixed it. I want to do it right. Does anyone have pictures or some advice on a fix? I really don't want to pay to have it done. Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
There are quite a few threads on this forum that talk about this. (I'd link ya, but at work so don't have the time to search). You might be able to get Subaru to pay for it, some have been able to get them to even after warranty. Also, there is a class action law suit going on with it as well.

I don't have any specific advice on how to fix it since I did a band-aid fix on by my drilling the spot welds and bolting it together. But I'd search the forum and take a look in the existing threads.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search the forum, quite a few. I will contact subaru but I have a bad feeling how that will go. I have seen the nut and bolt DIY fix i just want to weld it and fix it right the first time without paying subaru $2000. I was not able to find any details on someone who welded in a new bracket so I can do that. That's where I am stuck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need help with this as well, first time subie owner and I want to just weld it back on, I just can't find any comprehensive instructions or videos on dissasmbeling and reassembling the dash and steering column etc, I've seen plenty of threads like these detailing the quick fix or asking about the aforementioned issue, but nothing as resourceful as I need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts