Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just wondering if this ever happen to you guys?? it happen twice today, i was in 3rd gear n down shift to 2nd while making a right turn i was going about 30mph and all of sudden my steering wheel is lock and the engine is turn off. and the second time was the same too, downshift from 3rd to 2nd and making a right turn was going a bit slower about 15~20mph and it happen again steering wheel is lock n engine power is off and hit the curb. im pretty sure i wasnt going too slow cuz i cant feel any jolt or shaking so it isnt staling. so, someone plz help me, cant think of anything except the VDC it was on when this happen. could it be the mod i have ?? i have BOV,Downpipe, k&n filter. and what should i do thx

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: HELP !!! My 08 Rex Will cut off the engine n lock the steering wheel randoml

recirculate the BOV and you should be ok.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: HELP !!! My 08 Rex Will cut off the engine n lock the steering wheel randoml

its a 50/50 bov , so what should i do , tighten it more ? well it help ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

one more question....isnt stalling only occur when ur car is not moving or ur speed is too slow for the selected gear ?? and i have the bov on for almost 2 month nothing happen until today ~

·
Registered
752 Posts

does this happen under normal driving or aggressive driving?

the A/F ratio is going rich between shifts due to the BOV or you have a boost leak.
have you tried resetting the ECU?

·
Registered
700 Posts
i had a BOV for about 2 days and it kept stalling. got tired of it plus its a little dangerous to be stalling in the middle of the road

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

it was normal driving and i havent reset the ecu

·
Registered
126 Posts

i understand the stalling.. but how the eff is your steering wheel "locking"...??? You should still be able to maintain positive control of your vehicle without powersteering, especially while the car is in forward motion.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is just a though, but do you have any metal or other objects on your key ring that may be effecting the sender? Not that it has ever worried mine.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

BOVs on our cars are useless unless you're making 600hp

do 100% recirculation (what it does stock anyway) and see if your problem goes away

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

guess i will switch my aftermaket bov back to the stock one and see if it would help ~ im gonna miss the woosh sound~ haha. n no only thing i have with my carkey is my apartment key . and keep me update with any info it might cause it

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

keys shouldn't mess with it.

if you want to hear the "woosh" sound so bad, get a different (more open) exhaust setup, and a SPT cold air intake.

also this may be obvious but make sure you're rev matching when you downshift, not just letting out the clutch

·
Registered
36 Posts

i understand the stalling.. but how the eff is your steering wheel "locking"...??? You should still be able to maintain positive control of your vehicle without power steering, especially while the car is in forward motion.
Well since the engine isnt getting all the air it metered it cuts the engine off thus all those parts connected to it IE power steering....i think thats what hes reffering to not a complete lock up

i had this happen when i ran the bpv with no recirc just to hear the difference

1 - 13 of 13 Posts