Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've installed the perrin short shift adapter with much help (and many thanks) from coopwrx's and hikeeba's thread.

turned lever 180 degrees, put bushing and metal tube from the lever and put them into the adapter. reattached nut and bolt. set the height (about 55-58mm), and tighted the crap out of the allen key.
and now heres the problem.

when i shift into fourth or reverse quickly (im not slamming it in aggressive/abusively, just a nice quick shift), the adapter looses grip and slides all the way back down. I tighted the crap out of the allen key bolt, but it still falls down. whaat am i doing wrong?

(i wiped down the spot where the perrin adapter adjusts itself on, maybe i had a lil grease on my hands? but still it falls down)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i went and got a longer tailed 6mm allen key, added some wd40 to the threads of the tightening hex bolt, and proceeded to tighten it until it make some weird grinding creaking/crunch. Went for a test drive and it thankfully held up this time. I hope it don't fall out when im driving somewhere, it would be teh suck if i had to take apart my console and get to the shifter for an adjustment in the middle of the road *knock on wood*.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts