Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
just wondering if this ever happen to you guys?? it happen twice today, i was in 3rd gear n down shift to 2nd while making a right turn i was going about 30mph and all of sudden my steering wheel is lock and the engine is turn off. and the second time was the same too, downshift from 3rd to 2nd and making a right turn was going a bit slower about 15~20mph and it happen again steering wheel is lock n engine power is off and hit the curb. im pretty sure i wasnt going too slow cuz i cant feel any jolt or shaking so it isnt staling. so, someone plz help me, cant think of anything except the VDC it was on when this happen. could it be the mod i have ?? i have BOV,Downpipe, k&n filter. and what should i do thx

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you aren't recirculating the BOV, that might be the cause.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, that sounds dangerous :eek: I would get to the dealer asap, you don't want the wheel locking up in a turn :-\

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
the key is rotating in the ignition? do you have a heavy key chain??? if that ignition switch is hooped you need the dealer to fix you up.
Please Correct me if I am worng, but a mod locking the steering wheel... I have never heard of that...

My .02 With the key in the ignition and turned to the on position, the steering wheel should not lock... I would lean twards an issues in the steering column...

I would get it to the dealership.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't think this is it. But looking at your mod list, your running a BOV and a DP without a tune or any kind of EM. This may be causing engine hiccups, or sporadic behavior. Though I don't think it would lock up your steering wheel like you said. As long as your key is in the on pos. you will be able to turn your steering wheel without the steering lock engaging, under normal operating conditions.

method.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts