Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to these lands - so hey all! :)

Owned a Focus ST3 (remaped/modded to 270bhp) for 2 years now... Felt the next step up was an Impreza or Evo but i never liked the idea of owning a Saloon car... I usually have to transport quite a bit of goods around through the week (Back Seats down jobbie) so a Saloon was never up to the challenge.. So you can imagine how happy i was when Subaru released the new Impreza as a Hatch.

From what i've read, not many people from the "old skool" forums are liking the new car.. probably because it now apeals to the "Hot Hatch" generation rather than all out track car lunatic kinda people ;)

Anyhoo... a few months back someone reveresed into the back of the ST and it went in for repair... the nice insurance company dropped me off the brand new 2008 WRX as a curtasy car which i had for 2 weeks free of charge which i didnt complain about, so i got a real good test drive... ONLY real thing i didnt like was the acceleration on the WRX compared to my modded ST. Got mine back around 3/4 weeks ago now and i been thinking of the WRX ever since, loved the 4WD and the instant off the mark accel but from there on my ST would annihilate it..

Cut a long story short, i ended up in a Subaru Garage in Rochdale over the weekend and i ended up Chopping the ST in for the new WRX STi in Silver! I pick her up on the 6th Sept on a 58 Plate :eek: :eek:

I really hope i enjoy it as much as i have enjoyed the ST (which will be sorely missed, but is getting old now!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome!!! Youll find a great group here!! Hope you enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
If the new Focus (euro, not that crap of fake new U.S Focus) it will maybe have been my first choice over the WRX but its not available in america, and even if it was i doubt they will have put the 5cyl turbo in it

im owning a modded ford as my second car, Contour SVT A.K.A Mondeo ST200
anyway welcome aboard !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts