Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Mitch and I drive a 2007 MY08 Betty..

Have owned the car for about 8 months and have been saving for a couple of Mods which I'm about to start.

From mid Feb I'm getting a full TBE and tune up done as well as new fuel pump and possibly boost controller.

The next step is coilcovers and sways so will keep you posted.

Here is a pic of my car currently.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome Mate! hey i need some rear sways also, maybe we should do a group buy?

Also how did those Tyres work out?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.. probably won't have the coin for a few more months as doing the tune etc first.. but when I do definately keen!

Tyres are mint... cost me $60.00 to fit/balance at Bridgestone Bentley. :) Appreciate your help with that one mate!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to 3G, mitchwnz!

Great to have you on board.

Good list of mods you have planned, take a look around the forum regarding TBEs and tunes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey mitch,

car looks great, awesome picture in the desert or wherever that is!

look forward to the mods updates! and how skinny your wallet gets haha i know you can barely see mine when its turned on its side!

cheers
ben

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yeah the car can be pretty expensive... especially with the way I drive LOL..

I figure if I chip away I will eventually have the money saved.. It reminds me of the old days playing Gran Tourismo and getting excited when you have enough for a racing exhaust LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha yeah the car can be pretty expensive... especially with the way I drive LOL..

I figure if I chip away I will eventually have the money saved.. It reminds me of the old days playing Gran Tourismo and getting excited when you have enough for a racing exhaust LOL.
LOL too true.................too true!

good luck with it all champ

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to 3G, mitchwnz!

Great to have you on board.

Good list of mods you have planned, take a look around the forum regarding TBEs and tunes!

Cheers,

Well I already own a Butler Built system which is sitting at Norm's workshop waiting for my car... Getting a Verso tune from ASG also.
Fuel pump will be a Walbro unit.. just looking into boost controllers currently. Will try to get everything done at once to save a re-tune. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shot from the weekend.. thought it was sharable.

Mitchwnz, That looks awesome!

Who took that?

One of the Perth-WRX boys... we orgainsed a charity cruise to raise money for the Christchurch Earthquake.. ended up getting AUD $750.00 all together which was awesome!

Fatboy... share?? Is this girl hot? Pictures or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey.. It's been a while since I logged in here as my 2007 Betty has gone to a new home.. Must say I was sad to see the old girl go as I put a lot of effort into making the car handle well and sound good. Anyway... I don't feel so bad anymore as I picked up a brand new 2011 STI hatch (this was back in November).. Will post up pics soon when I'm on my computer. :)

Before I sold it I fitted an Ultrex STI replica rear spoiler and front lip and HSD coilovers..

The new car is still stock, apart from the addition of some Hella Supertones.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Congrats mate car looks fantastic. What are the plans, if any?

And I gotta ask, what do they Hella tones do? I see heaps of guys on naisoc and 3gwrx.com having them done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No plans yet.. Engagement ring comes first!! Lol. Maybe just a front lip. Got some overlays to go on the rear lights.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts