Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my WRX last night, and OMG, I love it! I've never had such a nice car before, and it puts a big stupid grin on my face every time the turbo spools up through a corner!

2008 WRX Hatch, OBP, stock. "Premium" package, plus auto-dim mirror.

I'm pretty much going to leave it stock (reliable), but I will add the roof rack carriers for toting my bicycles around.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i might be interested on getting the rack someday if its totaly save and scratchless for the pain and easy to take in and off the car.. dont want it permanent but it could be usefull for long trip or when i go skiing

anyway welcome friend !

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome!!
5 bucks says you cant keep it completely stock for long haha

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!!
5 bucks says you cant keep it completely stock for long haha
I'm a little older (read: more boring) than the typical WRX owner, it seems. :) Heck, I've had a Hayabusa for seven years, and my major mods amount to a set of hard luggage and the accessory center stand. :)

I am interested in something like an HID conversion, to make it easier to see deer in or near the roadway so I can nail the brakes a little earlier. I'm not really into sinking kilobucks into making the car any hotter for the street--it's already more than fast enough to get into trouble in a hurry while carrying speed into a corner. Plus, if you make the engine stronger, driveline parts tend to break.

As for the bike rack, Subaru claims the accessory crossbar supports can be installed or removed in minutes, without tools. Removing something like a Thule carrier (the design they bought from Sportworks, which is the only one worth having) will probably add a few more minutes. I bicycle several thousand miles per year, so that accessory, at least, is a must for me.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Welcome...Define older. Chances are I have you beat.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
so how the youngest here ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts