Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just gotten myself an Obsidian Black Pearl 08 GRB.
Have been driving it around for about 10 days now. It's quite a pain trying not to over-rev the engine during run-in. :'(
Mine must be the most un-cool STi in this forum coz it stock standard. :-[
Anyway, hope to meet some new friends & learn more about the 3rd Gen WRX.

Jerry

·
Registered
577 Posts
welcome!!!!!!!!

there is no such thing as an uncool STi...... 8)

take pride in that thing! hope you post up often!

oh yeah and welcome to the addiction!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
JB took the words right out of my mouth ;).

Welcome to ur new 24/7 family! ;D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!!
Already starting to feel at home. ;D
Seems like I'd be the one asking questions whenever I post coz this is my 1st "turboed" car... really! :-[
Given up trying hard to tune small capacity NA cars, so took the plunge and got myself a "boosted" car and boy, the insurance is high! :eek:
I must say, the "shove in the back" 8) feeling is addictive!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
hahaha same here man. Was driving a civic FD1 (1.8L) previously, spent some money and decided to cut loss since i was considering going the boosted route for the civic. Decided why not go Boosted the original way? Saw the car at Taka when they had the 1st road show, and fell in love with it!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha same here man. Was driving a civic FD1 (1.8L) previously, spent some money and decided to cut loss since i was considering going the boosted route for the civic. Decided why not go Boosted the original way? Saw the car at Taka when they had the 1st road show, and fell in love with it!
At least you had a 1.8L engine to start with... I had a 1.6L Swift Sport ZC31S which I "souped-up" quite abit but was left stranded when I encountered a CL7! :-[

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey another OBP ;) there are no un-cool Sti's

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey another OBP ;) there are no un-cool Sti's
Thanx man... Juz went for my 1st meet-up session with the local boys... Their rides were intimidating man... think their heavily modded rexes can run with my stock standard STi and may well overtake my ride anytime. ::)

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey man, nice sig...i had to watch it a couple times to get it all...goes by a little fast on my end, but i "lol-ed out loud" (monk: tv show)

-b

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shit man Jerry. Your signature is extremely funny.
hey man, nice sig...i had to watch it a couple times to get it all...goes by a little fast on my end, but i "lol-ed out loud" (monk: tv show)

-b
I know man... itz sooo funny, thought you guys should see it. Especially when you all are driving Rexes!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice sig. dude!! ;D Thats good sh...t

1 - 16 of 16 Posts