Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup im from northern cali. Im very happy to have found this site! There arent too many places that have that much info on the the 08's. Just purchased my car on thur and i love it!! Its going to have the sti spoiler put on it in a week and tint soon hopefully :)
2008 silver hatch

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome aboard. Pull up a chair. :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey Russ... Welcome... What part of NorCal are you in? That almost looks like the South Side of Diablo in the background, just beyond that nice looking ride of yours ;D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Russ... Welcome... What part of NorCal are you in? That almost looks like the South Side of Diablo in the background, just beyond that nice looking ride of yours ;D
thanks guys! and its Johnson road which is of tasajara the single lane part, not sure if you know where im talking about but it is in danville. My sti wpoiler goes on tomorrow =)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
thanks guys! and its Johnson road which is of tasajara the single lane part, not sure if you know where im talking about but it is in danville. My sti wpoiler goes on tomorrow =)
I pretty much know where that is, I grew up in Walnut Creek... 8) another local guy!

Post some pics with the spoiler on...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o cool your close then! i rarely see any other 08's rolling around the eastbay
its actually in subaru right now was supposed to drop my car off today but i cant make it =( ill probably go up there tomorrow to get it on. Ive been quoted 235 for tint, does that seem about right or just a little high?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
o cool your close then! i rarely see any other 08's rolling around the eastbay
its actually in subaru right now was supposed to drop my car off today but i cant make it =( ill probably go up there tomorrow to get it on. Ive been quoted 235 for tint, does that seem about right or just a little high?
Which dealership did you buy from?

235 for tint... that is a pretty good price... I paid more in the realm of 300 for my car

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought from the livermore dealership, im guessing you got yours in wc??
Yeah i was quoted at 280-310 from some places. My buddy gave me a number of a guy who will probably do it for less the 200 so ill have to give him a call ;D
Do you know of any suby meets around us?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Actually I bought my Nov of 07 in "DownTown Oakland" ;D... Best price I could find at the time. I have it serviced/Warranty work in Walnut Creek... They are good guys there!

There are a couple of organized meets, usually Friday Nights, either in San Jose or out in Fairfield. Actually I live out in Fairfield now and the meet is about 10 mins away from my house.

There is also a Sub Club that you might want to check out, there is some info there, MrPrimus (TJ) is in charge of the board and he is in San Jose and he know alot more of what is going on in the South Bay:
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?board=107.0

·
Registered
577 Posts
welcome! enjoy the car!!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I bought my Nov of 07 in "DownTown Oakland" ;D... Best price I could find at the time. I have it serviced/Warranty work in Walnut Creek... They are good guys there!

There are a couple of organized meets, usually Friday Nights, either in San Jose or out in Fairfield. Actually I live out in Fairfield now and the meet is about 10 mins away from my house.

There is also a Sub Club that you might want to check out, there is some info there, MrPrimus (TJ) is in charge of the board and he is in San Jose and he know alot more of what is going on in the South Bay:
http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?board=107.0
Nice i got a pretty good deal considering the 09's are out ;D Checked it out, if there still going on id love to go. Thanks for the link was trying to find something like that! had any problems with your 08?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
No Problem on the link... I know the meet happens every Friday in Fairfield... How many people show up is anyones guess. If you are planning to come out to the meet in Fairfield let me know. I am out of town this weekend, but I should be around any other weekend.
I have not had anything major go wrong with my car. I have a sedan and spoiler came loose. Diablo Subaru were on top of it, put me in a loaner and fixed it right away. IMO it is better than OEM.
We'll see what happens with the turbo oil inlet recall... time will tell :-\

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
might get around to going down there one day. sounds like good service. never heard of the inlet recall, something i shoudl be worried about?

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the help, and actually i saw that on i club last night. Im debating on going to the one in sf (lake meret) and also the one in lake beryessa (dont remember how to spell it =P). Or hit yours up. How many people are expected to go?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
o yeah i took the car up to subaru to get low-jack installed (dealer gave it to us for 450 so why not =) and the spoiler was "ready", however still needs to be sent out to a body shop and painted so i wont have that until later next week.... but im going to pick up my car tomorrow any way just because i need it =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts