1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
it is, i've used this kit on my legacy for 2 years, (paid much more at the time) and i ordered 2 kits today for the Rav4 and the WRX.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is this worth buying, because i was about to buy a 160 dollar 55w digital HID kit with every thing including for 160. This seems like a good deal to me. Ill most likely end up buying this if its that cheap!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Honestly buy it. If it is garbage in 3 months or w/e... you spend $40... who cares. You prob spend more then that on something everyday that you dont' really need. lol. I'm buying a set right now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. Im gonna go with this too. Friend of mine ordered a this kit the other day to try it out and it looks great.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'll have to keep and eye on this thread and see what you guys think before I purchase one myself.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is it simple to install an HID kit. I plan on doing it my self, but don't know the steps I should follow. DO I have to remove the bumper or what?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would guess you would need to remove the bumper, but from what I've seen from the Sport Grille installation, this is a relatively easy process.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You don't have to remove the bumper. I'll take some pics of my install.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I stand corrected then. Thanks for correcting me. I guess that would make it even easier to install. I look forward to your pictures. Could you also provide pictures before and after the install, so we can see the difference the new bulbs make? And are you getting the high-lows, or just the low beams?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I want to see the output on the stock projectors. I don't want to buy this kit and have all kinds of glare.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You will not have glare unless you use them in a light housing without a projector.

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have them in my car and I would not worry about that little glare. I'll have my friend aim his STI at the wall and try to take a pic of the light beam pattern.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't ordered my kit yet :-[. I have to wait until after christmas to start spending money again. I did call them though and the kits ship out of san diego. I called last week and they said if I placed an order it would ship by the end of this week. Seems kinda long... Anyways, depending on how far you live it shouldn't take too long to recieve yours. Keep us posted. What color temp did you get? 35w or 55w?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I haven't ordered my kit yet :-[. I have to wait until after christmas to start spending money again. I did call them though and the kits ship out of san diego. I called last week and they said if I placed an order it would ship by the end of this week. Seems kinda long... Anyways, depending on how far you live it shouldn't take too long to recieve yours. Keep us posted. What color temp did you get? 35w or 55w?
My kit shipped on the 12th so it should be here soon(Live in NY)

I got the 6k 55w which should look more like a 4k and also got a set of hyper yellows for my fogs :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
they came today!

going to try and do a night install but i dont have a power drill for the holes i need to make in the water proof caps :(

might have to improv, any ideas, and how hard should this installation be?

UPDATE!

I installed them, and they look amazing...I'd need to play with the cut off a tad bit but everything else is great. Tomorrow's a huge snowstorm so I'm going to get my girl to take some nights shots of me romping around :) This way I kill two bird with one stone, sick HID pics and sick snow pics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts