Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I'll be spending some time here away from NASIOC. snwbdr94 referred me to this site. Thanks snwbdr94! And thanks to the folks who started 3GWRX!

It snowed the day after I picked up my car. I am impressed with the driver's aids (VDC, etc)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Welcome!! nice color choice!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome! Just got to drive mine through some light snow yesterday too ... ;D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
haha here we just received like 25-30CM of snow and its still snowing hard, TCS, VDC and AWD make me feel the king of the road compare to all my previous car in this kind of condition

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. Great color, I have the same color. What mods are you looking at getting done?
Honestly, I think I'm going to 'let it ride' in it's stock configuration for a while. After driving a lowered car for a number of years, it is nice to have a comfortable, almost cushy ride. When sway bar sets become available, I may look into those, but I'm in no hurry.

As far a motor-related stuff goes, I only had a lightly modified intake and exhaust on my last car. I had plenty of fun with the stock power the car put out, and I am a big fan of reliability. I plan on leaving things as they are for the time being. But, the car is waaaay too quiet, so I may explore minimally invasive procedures to change that. Maybe....

But now that I think about it, the car is in dire need of a short shifter. I dearly miss the one I had in my 02.

...And the tires will probably need to go before next winter. Ideally, I'd like to shoot for another set of wheels and dedicated winter and summer tire sets. I've been running dedicated snow and sumer tires on my cars since 1995, so why not continue the tradition. I've also had crummy luck with the RE-92s on 2 different cars before. Since the tires are brand-spanking new right now, I have settled on using them through this winter.

...And I have some Kydex laying around. If I have enough gumption next fall, I may try to fab up some rally-style mudguards, a chin spoiler, maybe some rocker panel something-or-others... Who knows? That's a lot of work though...

...And then there's the OEM accessories, like the cargo tray and roof crossbars. I'll need to get the rrof rack thing happening before we go to Breckenridge next April. Is there going to be a trailer hitch available for this car?

Gee coop, thanks a lot. When I started this post I really had nothing in mind for mods. I thought I'd retire to just using this car for transport and utility, but I guess old habits die hard, and it will become a hobby, as well.

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WElcome! I don't get a chance to drive in snow from where i'm from
That is too bad. Someday I hope you have the opportunity to experience driving a Subaru in the snow. These cars accel in adverse driving conditions. Even moreso now with the VDC. The VDC really works! Trust me, it does!

·
Registered
752 Posts
WElcome! I don't get a chance to drive in snow from where i'm from
That is too bad. Someday I hope you have the opportunity to experience driving a Subaru in the snow. These cars accel in adverse driving conditions. Even moreso now with the VDC. The VDC really works! Trust me, it does!
yeah, i cant wait to get some good snow down here. its not very common, but it happens.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha here we just received like 25-30CM of snow and its still snowing hard, TCS, VDC and AWD make me feel the king of the road compare to all my previous car in this kind of condition
Install some dedicated snow tires, and you will truly know invincibility in the snow! Well, OK... You won't be completely invincible, but it'll be a world of difference form all-season tires in the snow. Just watch your P's and Q's though. It is hard NOT to become overconfident.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome! I promise I'll learn how to do multiple quotes sometime soon!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Install some dedicated snow tires, and you will truly know invincibility in the snow! Well, OK... You won't be completely invincible, but it'll be a world of difference form all-season tires in the snow. Just watch your P's and Q's though. It is hard NOT to become overconfident.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome! I promise I'll learn how to do multiple quotes sometime soon!
What are you thinking ! of course i got snow tire in winter, its canada ! here if you dont use proper winter tire you should have your self checked for mental illness haha

i got a brand new set of Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D on the OEM rims !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha! Sorry if I made an assumption there Courteau! I probably should be checked for mental illness, regardless of winter tires or not!

When my Dunlop Winter Sports crapped out, I thought I'd try an all-season tire as it's replacement. I figured we only get maybe 3 snowdays a season, so why not? Big mistake. What little snow we did get last year was enough to make me seriously regret my decision.

I am not looking forward to running the RE-92As this winter, but I didn't budget for winter tires this season. The fact that I wasn't planning on purchasing a new car sort of threw the budget for a loop, anyways. I'll make due this year, and plan to acquire a set of wheels with snow tires next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts