978 Posts
i had to use a chain wrench

and a 22mm with a big ass breaker bar

i had my friend ricky hold the wrench down as i loosened the nut

it took a while since we didnt have the right tools to do it at first

but if you have the right tools it should be a peice of cake

anyways i just ordered a new pulley a kartboy one

incase anyone is wondering its $90 with free shipping from their site

cause the one i have is smaller diameter so i can to get a new belt and a shorter tensioner bolt

--------------------
performance gains

i also took out my ac since i blew the line haha
with the pulley and no ac i notice an increase in accleration

but more so some pull at around 4500-6000 rpms

i did notice a negative side

before i could get to 130 mph faster but with the new pulley i could only get to around 115 mph

yes i speed alot

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and ill try to answer them

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
no need to use a chain wrench. just put the car in 5th gear and step on the brake pedal, then with a cheater bar on your ratchet / johnson bar you can break the nut. i went to youtube and found a video of a perrin pulley diy when i changed out mine. i have my laptop in my garage @ all times and it is really useful "tool' at times. ;)

·
Registered
978 Posts
no need to use a chain wrench. just put the car in 5th gear and step on the brake pedal, then with a cheater bar on your ratchet / johnson bar you can break the nut. i went to youtube and found a video of a perrin pulley diy when i changed out mine. i have my laptop in my garage @ all times and it is really useful "tool' at times. ;)
i have an auto !!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
i have an auto !!

well then... how was i supposed to know that you have an auto? it is almost a given that most of the people here drive stick and have forced induction. my bad... assumimg really does make an ass out of you and me.

i stand corrected.... a chain wrench is in fact needed, if it is an auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts