Subaru WRX Forums banner

What do you think of your RE92A's?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original RE92's have to be one of the most hated tires since rubber.
I don't think the 92A's are so bad, but it's winter and it's still under break-in.
A nice set of Avid S4's looks a tasty treat though...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
mine have 300km on them are they are now in my basement for sales, they will never be mounted on my car ever

Im now rolling with Dunlop Wintersport 3D on the stock rims and as soon as the snow will go some BF Goodrich G-Fore KWD2 will replace them... end of the story for the Bridgstone...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think they are ok. i haven't had any traction issues with them.
I do wish that they weren't so skinny. Getting 245s or 255s would be a nice upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good Lord, these tires suck. I thought they were OK, but I'd only driven on dry roads before today. The dusting of snow we got in Pittsburgh today was enough to convince me that these tires gotta go--I got sideways twice, and I was not putting my foot in it hard. Even when I was pointed in the right direction, it felt like I was driving on slime, not very-well-connected to the road at all.

WTF was Subaru thinking?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I blame the poortenzas for the demise of my old 2004 WRX tryin to avoid a headon collision. I like them as winter tires, nothing more. Will use the stock rims/tires for winter ONLY.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
you guy are crazy to use them in winter, all-seaons tire have absolutly NO grip below -10 celcius... they brake on snow like shit
really you guys are brave to use them... anyway for us proper winter tire are compulsory from NOV 15 to March 15... so my potenza have 400km on them and will never be reinstalled on my car ever

·
Registered
646 Posts
i hate them so freaking bad, hence why subarus dont do so well when compared to other cars on road and track and such, every other performance car comes with nice tires but ours, it sucks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you guy are crazy to use them in winter, all-seaons tire have absolutly NO grip below -10 celcius...
That's how cold it was here in Pittsburgh late this afternoon. I had adequate grip for the fun driving that I did, although I was deliberately taking it easy, I admit.

they brake on snow like shit really you guys are brave to use them...
Or broke and can't afford new tires right now.

anyway for us proper winter tire are compulsory from NOV 15 to March 15... so my potenza have 400km on them and will never be reinstalled on my car ever
Which raises the question: what do you do with them?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
they are in my storage room, all clean up and ready for selling, as soon as i come back from singapore i gonna take pics on putiing them online for sales

My 18" summer wheel will arrived soon and they gonna wear BF Goodrich G-force

·
Registered
519 Posts
Been driving on them here in Utah all winter and haven't experienced any problems with them, I had a 03 GLI, 96 SHO, and the 98 RS and never ran winter tires on them here. I guess if you are used to a little slip and slide it is no big deal. I think the car no matter what tires you use in the winter feels like it is riding on air, feels really light. Ice and any kind of tire other than studded don't mix.

Seth

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
maybe its because you actualy never drive with rel guy winter tires that you dont know what you are missing, it really unleashed the car's potential

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did alright with the RE92A's here in Pittsburgh this morning (couple of inches of snow and slush, 16F temp, FWD cars were having trouble). I'm thinking now that the majority of people who complain about the OEM tires are trying to drive like it's summer.

That said, we're getting freezing rain later, so they might be on to something. We'll see.

Yeah, I agree that real winter tires will make a huge difference. They're not in the budget right now, unless the RE92A's turn out to be crap-in-your-shorts awful after the freezing rain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts