Discussion Starter #1
its pretty hard to see ideas if everyones running 18x8 and below

Just because of 5x100?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
its pretty hard to see ideas if everyones running 18x8 and below

Just because of 5x100?
Not really, you can get 5x100s that are wider, but they cost exponentially more, are harder to find and tires are much more expensive for them.

Also, if you lower your offset too much to accommodate a wider wheel, your wheel bearings will go bad sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Because there as so few of us in general and because there are so few good looking 5x100 wheels with 30ish offset.

·
Registered
954 Posts
rota g force 18x9 +35 mhm
to 99% of performance oriented wrx/impreza owners, an 18x9 wheel is just excessive weight addition to your rims. just not needed most of the time unless you only bought your wrx to impress the local 7-11 crowd

·
Registered
646 Posts
i tried a set of asa's on my car off my buddies srt-4...they were +35 offset..they fit nice but still could be further out...i want some of those g forces also, those with coilovers would be sex

·
Registered
651 Posts
I plan on running 17x9 (et 45) w/ 275/40/17's next season. It appears that the GH is a little easier to fit wide wheels/tires than previous Imprezas :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
if they are fitting them on WRX wagons I'm very confident they will fit the new body style :)

not sure what you mean by "only"? you want to fit the highest offset possible (as close to stock), w/ 9" rims and 275's mid 40's is probably as high as you can realistically go- any higher offset and I'm afraid you'd be rubbing inboard, I'm not overly fond of the new "aggressive fitment" that seems to be in vogue of late- low offsets put additional stress on the bearings also messes w/ scrub radius

·
Registered
220 Posts
[quote author=lurker]
to 99% of performance oriented wrx/impreza owners, an 18x9 wheel is just excessive weight addition to your rims. just not needed most of the time unless you only bought your wrx to impress the local 7-11 crowd
[/quote]

The STi comes with 8.5's now. 99% of performance oriented wrx owners are putting down more torque than stock STi's.

Im still not seeing how 9's are overkill. Are they NECESSARY? No, neither is a car when you can walk, ride a bike or take a cab.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
keeping weight low

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quote author=lurker]
The STi comes with 8.5's now. 99% of performance oriented wrx owners are putting down more torque than stock STi's.

Im still not seeing how 9's are overkill. Are they NECESSARY? No, neither is a car when you can walk, ride a bike or take a cab.
[/quote]
yes. ;)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
if they are fitting them on WRX wagons I'm very confident they will fit the new body style :)

not sure what you mean by "only"? you want to fit the highest offset possible (as close to stock), w/ 9" rims and 275's mid 40's is probably as high as you can realistically go- any higher offset and I'm afraid you'd be rubbing inboard, I'm not overly fond of the new "aggressive fitment" that seems to be in vogue of late- low offsets put additional stress on the bearings also messes w/ scrub radius
I said "only" because I'd think you'd need a lower offset to fit such a wide wheel and tire combo...but if others are doing it, I guess it's possible.

And yeah, low offsets will kill your wheel bearings sooner rather than later and cause other issues as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
OK that's what I thought you were getting at :) I think w/ the wider track of the GH vs both the GD and GG folks will pleasantly surprised what will fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts