Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a bunch of posts about people having bog issues when adding a CAI or SRI. This was my first thought when thinking about making the engine louder, but I don't think I was to add an aftermarket intake now because of bog issues. What are my other options? An exhaust would be nice but I don't have 600-700 for a nice exhaust system. Would the 08 WRX exhaust make a difference? I don't want to mess with the CAT... I did that with my RSX and got nothing but trouble.

·
Registered
954 Posts
you can buy an aftermarket exhaust if all you want is noise, but since they are all designed for wrx's, you wont notice any power gains

·
Registered
44 Posts
simple and cheap way to do it, replace that pickup truck muffler with a straight pipe. any muffler shop should do it for around $40-50.

·
Registered
68 Posts
unbolt the exhaust right behind the cat. loud. hahahah

·
Registered
107 Posts
I seen a link on here somewhere of a vendor still selling the SPT cat back exhaust for the intro price. That would be your best bet. Nice sound and smooths out the power band. Doesn't add much power just makes it smoother.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
How about the Hogzaust mod :D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Its putting washers in between the connection of muffler can and midpipe. By putting washers in the bolt, you give yourself a controlled exhaust leak. More washers = more noise.

No hp gain and you get a bit of carbon buildup in between but the sounds are definitely there.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Link ;D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Another cheap solution is to get a shop to fabricate a custom catback for you out of 2.25" straight pipe.

You will not throw a CEL, it will be emission legal since you retain your cat...and it will be a cheap option.

and it will be very loud with no muffler or resonator.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Id just go to a a muffler shop and have them design an exhaust system throw a magna flow on there you will get a nice rumble..

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Open pod filter will also make the car louder.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Straight pipe ftw!
the 2.5i's on their own are pretty loud, the stock muffler must be so intense.

I have a magnaflow catback and it's pretty loud, except that the cargo cover thing shakes so i got rid of the cover.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
There this blitz induction cover that jsc speed sells that should make things a little louder and shouldn't bork your afr's. Though, your filter will get dirty quicker. A catback would also do the job obviously. Depends on what kind of a sound you want.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought WRX catback for my 08 2.5i. Last night took the muffler off. Without muffler car sound so nice and clean.

Almost makes consider doing a straight pipe. I got 2 exhaust systems so I can mess with the WRX pipe.

But best sound is take muffler off

1 - 20 of 24 Posts