Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a scale of 1-10 and with the basic set of hand tools such as a ratchet set? I plan on doing this on my own, any of you done this on your own?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i have swapped out struts and springs before, but not on a wrx. it wasn't hard. just time consuming and frustrating.

i think an air compressor and impact wrench made the job easier.

·
Registered
359 Posts
shouldn't be too terrible as long as your swapping the strut and spring as a complete unit. I'd say its a 3 out of 10 difficulty with one being an oil change.

·
Registered
629 Posts
It's not very difficult at all....17mm wrench, 17mm Socket, 12mm socket with driver, breaker bar, impact gun, I'd give it a 3 if your doing coilovers, a 4 if your changing springs alone. just remember to mark where your front camber bolts were. You'll have to get an alignment anyways but it does help a bit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah, very easy.. 12mm socket, 14mm socket, 17mm impact socket and wrench.. Thats about it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Installing coilovers isn't hard. But unless you're experienced in DIY alignment, than alignment and height adjustment would be a pain.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Coilovers aren't that bad, I put tein flexes on an s2000 in an afternoon and you have to unbolt alot of crap on that suspension to get them in there. Should not be that bad. You'll probably spend longer fine tuning ride height than installing them :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts