Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

From my understanding, turbochargers get weak over time as we rack up more and more miles. For those of us who do not care to change the factory ECU settings and/or boost settings, for how long can we expect the turbocharger to operate at its peak efficiency?

Thanks,
MrElussive

·
Registered
344 Posts
My god this is a loaded question :p In a nut shell, the turbo with last as long as the engine does. Drive like a fool and the whole thing goes "[glow=red,2,300]BOOM[/glow]" next week. Little fun here, little fun there, and you and your turbo will live happily ever after :-*

·
Registered
700 Posts
My god this is a loaded question :p In a nut shell, the turbo with last as long as the engine does. Drive like a fool and the whole thing goes "[glow=red,2,300]BOOM[/glow]" next week. Little fun here, little fun there, and you and your turbo will live happily ever after :-*

so nicely put +1

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't ask for a nutshell response. If you do know what you are talking about (which I highly doubt), please explain yourself.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I didn't ask for a nutshell response. If you do know what you are talking about (which I highly doubt), please explain yourself.
that's a mean answer from someone who asked for help. :eek:

you know the guy could have said

Factory installed turbochargers are made to last as long as the engine will but if you treat your car harshly the moving pieces inside you turbocharger will degrade a lot faster than the "normal intended turbocharger use" rate and may blow up, or jam, plain out explode. But if you drive your car normally and keep in mind that your turbocharger needs to be cared for and from time to time when the conditions are met (temp is good, pressure is ok piping is ajsuted correctely etc.) you push your machine a bit harder for the shear fun of it it should last as intended by Mr Subaru himself!!!

sorry if my answer feels sarcastic but even if we all would write the TURBO BIBLE and you read all of the thousands of pages it would contain I'm not so sure you would have a better idea of how long it will last to many variables in that problem

my 2 cents :-[

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's a mean answer from someone who asked for help. :eek:
Thank you for your response, it was very helpful. I felt his original response was sarcastic and rude so I threw it back at him. I don't need a bullshit when I'm just asking a question. Most forums appreciate it if you search the forum to see if the issue has come up before....I took it upon myself to search the Internet for a decent answer before posing the question.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'"m just trying to make sure everybody is happy :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts