Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on getting a dp, and possible de-catting my third cat. Will my car get louder??? i dont really want it to be much louder, i know i will hear the turbo spool up more... but is that it?

·
Registered
700 Posts
do we have 3 cats? thought we had 2 in the DP. ??? in previous year wrx's there was a 3rd cat in the UP. correct?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Which catback is that?

·
Registered
549 Posts
we only have 2 cats...

yes, catless turboback will be Loud!! So just do it!! ;D

·
Registered
549 Posts
anyway, purchased one with no cat:) i think i will keep my cat in the mid pipe :p
well .. what pipe did you ordered? is it the whole thing? not just a shorty..?? cause they usually go from the turbo to the cat (the second cat)

so anyways. good job! no cat at all hehe

·
Registered
382 Posts
heh, so now im thinking about acatted one...
I'm going fully catted for several reasons including noise dampening. In my experience an uncatted system only nets you a few more ponies, which is not worth the extreme noise, nor the massive increase in emissions. I get enough cancer from all those plastic plates I microwave on. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
invidia V3 catless, 260$ on ebay, its on the way :p so the mid pipe will still have a cat? is that what you are saying?

·
Registered
10 Posts
invidia V3 catless, 260$ on ebay, its on the way :p so the mid pipe will still have a cat? is that what you are saying?
I saw that one on e-bay as well. I was thinking of ordering it then did a google search and heard how it sounded and didn't like it at all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's my car. The exhaust has the stock dp and a catback with no mufflers, just a resonator. Pretty much as loud as it will get without having a straight pipe and just a cat back.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts