Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have the base WRX with just four speakers inside (one on each door). How many speakers do the other optioned cars (Premium and also Navigation) have installed and where are they located? I ask because I want to add more speakers to the car in the factory locations.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
There is only the door speaker front and rear + 2 tweeter on each front door near the mirror

Didnt see what the base model speaker look like but the premium are woven fiberglass coax in the door.

My call is DONT add MORE speaker, just replace the 4 existing spaker with better quality speaker (front, two-way if possible, so you can locate your new tweeter in the factory location.

its a waste to put more than 4 speaker (excluding tweeter)
QUALITY > QUANTITY

·
Registered
382 Posts
Agreed.

My WRX (got tonight... :)) has the premium package, and while its better then the regular setup, its below in SQ from a simple after market swap of speakers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I just read in the WRX brochure that the Premium has an 80 watt 10 speaker system and the Nav has a 100 watt 10 speaker when y'all have only six speakers. I trust you both, but am confused by the brochure. ???

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Here is he way they count theyre 10speaker

1 woofer in each door = 4 speaker
1 tweeter mounted on each woofer = 4speaker
1 tweeter near the mirror on each front door = 2speaker

so you end up with 10 speaker when there is basicaly 4 coaxial speaker + 2 front tweeter (which are link on the main front speaker, that what we call a 2 way speaker... its not consider as a proper speaker for me)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is he way they count theyre 10speaker

1 woofer in each door = 4 speaker
1 tweeter mounted on each woofer = 4speaker
1 tweeter near the mirror on each front door = 2speaker

so you end up with 10 speaker when there is basicaly 4 coaxial speaker + 2 front tweeter (which are link on the main front speaker, that what we call a 2 way speaker... its not consider as a proper speaker for me)
Thanks for the clarification. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts