Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
when the Cobb APs come out, you can probably get one for around $695.
or try to tune with a tactrix cable and open source software when it is available.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i have never used one. but from what i hear, they are great.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I had an Accessport for my '03 wagon. It is pretty much just plug and play. In it's basic form, it is great for someone like me who just wants the extra performance it provides without doing the whole tuning thing. There is/was a tuner version available. For me it was just safer and easier to use the tunes that Cobb supplied. Of course, I wasn't looking for a race car, just a car that was well tuned for the street. I will probably buy one for my car in the future. I am trying to unload my current one now, I wish Cobb had a trade in deal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well right now the only thing i have seen out is the UTEC "DELTA" i have that one in the car but i had it taken out.....did good though, but that was 895 with the maps set by PDX in oregon, but then the COBB AP which is to be out sometime this month is probably the best one out there to get b/c of the plug n play, that 695.......

Now on the price for tuning....alright depends in you area if you have any shops there that can tune them....or you can just have the base maps sent to you, choice is up to you..tuning anywhere from 100-150 in oregon but thats at PDX.

So you just gotta look in your area for that

·
Registered
26 Posts
If any of you guys ever go to Atlanta GA to the subie shop? I have heard of it a few times and from what I hear they work wonders with AWD cars EVOs included. I was talking to some of the guys here in Charleston SC and they were telling me that a lot of subies are blowing because they are running too lean from factory. Is there any factory updates available that you have heard of. The reason I ask is that I was driving mine the the day before yesterday and V6 mustang pulled beside me and started talking trash. When I down shifted from 5th to 4th my car fell on its face. Is that a common problem or a tuning issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts