Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
It depends. Did you get the standard or the premium? Pricing can vary quite greatly from place to place, state to state, etc. If you researched the dealers around you, got quotes, and worked out a price you were willing to pay, then you didn't pay too much. I paid ~25k OTD for a base SSM WRX, only option was the auto dimming mirror w/compass, got a 6yr/80k mile extended warranty as well. I don't feel like I overpayed and I did my research to get the best deal where I went. What's funny is originally I went to the dealer to test drive an 04 STi that had just come in, but they hadn't prepped it for sale(salesman didn't know that, and when he went to start it the battery was dead). He offered me an 08 WRX for the same price range and I went and test drove it for grins....he pushed the deal a bit, I said not today b/c I hadn't researched the 08's AT ALL. Later the next week I went back and traded my 07 Civic EX for the 08 WRX. ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine was 27,500 out the door, I over paid a little. It's on a smart buy and I'm trading in for and STI in 2010 ;D

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
paid 27,500 for premium wrb 4 door before anything.now ive noticed that my dealer has the same ones still on the lot from 4 months ago.maybe could of got a better deal now.i think the gas prices are scaring people away from premium fuel only vehicles.love my car to death though.my wife thinks im like a 20 year old again!!im going on 35 this year.went from a hyundai tuscon trade to the wrx so its a bit of a change.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I paid $26,500 in Nov of 07. 4 door premium. Right now, being that it is just after tax time, people are getting their refunds, The So called Economic Stimulus Package (big waste of time and money, but I'll take it... sorry for the political shot ;)) is coming out. This is the new car markets buying season. This is when people have the extra cash to put down on a new car. So there will always be a better deal in April/May of any given year.

It is just a matter of when you want to get into the car, and what deal you negotiated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So wait Chanke, you were offered 24k for a premium sedan??? I was going to ask them for 24k hahahaha hopefully my dealer would do the same :D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
0000017844 said:
I've been offered 24,2xx for a premium wrx sedan, and I am buying a WRX base sedan for 22,5xx this week. You decide if you overpaid.
Cool... good for you. Like I said this is the deal time... Did I over pay?... no. I have been driving my car for months now... Every time I walk into the garage I am glad to have paid what I did...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I paid $25k for standard wrx. The dealer I bought from is selling WRX's for dirt cheap now. Like Lefty said now is the time to buy!! ;D

·
Registered
988 Posts
Paid 27,000 for premium wrx 5 door in APR 4

These were included in the 27000

Ipod interface
Side molding
Clear Bra
all season Mats
cargo tray
5-door spt cat back
Sport grill

They gave me 10000 for my trade in 2004 jetta gli

·
Registered
327 Posts
0000018073 said:
So wait Chanke, you were offered 24k for a premium sedan??? I was going to ask them for 24k hahahaha hopefully my dealer would do the same :D
Yep, 24,1xx for a premium sedan from Flatiron's Subaru in Boulder/Denver Colorado. Good price, best I saw. I am going to get my silver base wrx for 22,791. I don't really want the defrosting crap, especially the wiper blade defrosters as they are built into the windshield and I am GUARANTEED to have to replace the windshield on this car within two years due to the fact that they lay gravel in colorado instead of salt. The upside is that the cars don't rust really, the downside is that you get a lot of freaking rock dings.
The defrosting things might be nice, I'm not sure. I've heard of some problems with the windshield defrosters. However, the side mirrors fog up randomly sometimes on me, depending on the weather. It would be nice to have heated butt warmers, but I can live without. The premium package had alot of things I didn't really need, so I bought the base and spent $100 to get the feature I wanted(steering wheel controls). And the stereo is a little weak in the base model, but I'm not going to complain. The car was made for performance, not creature comfort...if I wanted that I woulda bought a Volvo or something. :D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
0000018118 said:
Picked up my 08 base WRX tonight for 23,000 + tax. It came with a spoiler, homelink auto dim mirror, and the sport grille.
Congrats... on the new ride!!!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think i picked up my Premi for right at 27k

·
Registered
764 Posts
Got prem sale price at 25.3k with tax and acceroies came upto 28k

·
Registered
577 Posts
23,480 base with a few options

·
Registered
91 Posts
WRX 5-Door with all weather floor mats, auto-dimm mirror, sport grill, front & rear underspoilier.
Stickered for $26,886 i think, invoiced somewhere around $24K+, for for $23k and change (not including tax, title, insurance)

This was as low as the dealers in my area would go. They all nickle and dime'd eachother $50-$100 once it got below $24k. And I beat on the area dealers for a good month before I finally bought.

I did, however, get a good deal on my trade-in however so that was the silver lining.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with one of the prev posts about March being a good time to find deals. Think of all the salesmen that want to make a deal at the end of the month....then think about all the managers that want deals done by the end of the fiscal year ;D

Mine was $800 below invoice. Then the incentives....In addition to the advertised 3.9% they had going on, Subaru offered a $1000 rebate on WRX in March (unadvertised in my region and on website).

All in all, I got my 5 door DGM with Prem/NAV/SR/options for about $4g under sticker. I was pleased.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got my Prem with Nav/SR package for $1200 under invoice, plus $1000 Subaru cash back, plus 3.8% financing. I was pleased.

Bought it end of March. End of month is a good time (salespeople make deals), but End of Fiscal Year is GREAT (Managers make deals)...gotta get those cars on the books for FY08 numbers ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts