Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i remember people saying (including myself) how ugly the 06-07 where when they released the facelift haha...

·
Registered
519 Posts
And I am still not a huge fan of the bugeye. I do like the 06-07 models and have from when they were first released. The 08 is awesome for me. The more "mature" look.

Seth

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very nice!! As a history teacher, I love seeing the subject practically applied and people's disregard and ignorance of the past. I remember hearing all the criticisms!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Things were/are a little bit different in the UK as they had the GC turbo while we didnt. The looks didnt matter as much to those in the US b/c well, we finally had an Impreza turbo. But just to throw my opinion in, I also like the peanut/blob eye best.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mind the blob eye either, but as my wife has the 07 pignose (leather and sunroof) seeing them side by side just makes hers look like an old design. I bought the new model because I liked how it drove and it did not cost much to mod it how I like it. Looked at a few secondhand cars, but in the end did not want to inherit someone elses problems (especially with a performance car).

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
it was funny people were saying last time hey i heard they gonna give a body lift to our car in 2010 ! wow so soon blablabla... but thin about it the previous gen changed every 2 year also... 2002-2003 2004-2005 and 2006-2007.. so i guess its just normal

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
hum not me... wait to see the drop in value of our car by 2010 when they will facelift our car...

·
Registered
243 Posts
or will it... sooo many kids went out to get 07 before our model came out b/c of the new facelift.... so by that logic when everyone gets used to ours and the new model comes out will they be discouraged or upset from the new look and really want this model?

·
Registered
646 Posts
haha yeah its great on nasioc how everyone that were like omg there the ugliest car ever are now liking them. same thing happend with every previous models. people hate change which sucks because im going to school to be a car designer, so change is good a year or so after, but alot of sells are lost on just redesigns. its got to be a hard decision for companys to redesign

1 - 14 of 14 Posts