Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the owners manual states how to access pretty much every exterior and interior bulb except for the turn signals and fog light bulbs. Somebody posted WRX Sport Grille installation instructions which shows access to the fog light bulbs, but how do we access the turn signal bulbs?

I want to replace the turn signal bulbs for those stealth chrome turn signal bulbs for a cleaner look. I am not sure if I have to access them by removing the battery (left) and the airbox (right), or through the fender wells? If anybody has done this before or knows, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
MrElussive

·
Registered
0 Posts
So the owners manual states how to access pretty much every exterior and interior bulb except for the turn signals and fog light bulbs. Somebody posted WRX Sport Grille installation instructions which shows access to the fog light bulbs, but how do we access the turn signal bulbs?

I want to replace the turn signal bulbs for those stealth chrome turn signal bulbs for a cleaner look. I am not sure if I have to access them by removing the battery (left) and the airbox (right), or through the fender wells? If anybody has done this before or knows, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
MrElussive
turn signal light on the headlight? if yes, access from the fender wall is easier. i did changed mine to those that u mentioned, to take away the redness from the headlights. thought it is shown in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First, sorry for my english i´m from spain.
you have to remove air filter box, and for the other light, you need to remove the battery.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks guys. I do want to know for the front turn signals. The manual explains how to change the rear turn signals, but for the front turn signals it just says something like "Replacing the front turn signals may be difficult so please contact your Subaru dealership to have this procedure done for you."

So stupid, maybe only the US owners manual is like that. I need to get my hands on a service manual...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bulbs came today. Do I have to remove the front wheels to pull apart the fender wells to access the turn signal bulbs? It looks like really tight access with the wheels in the way there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The bulbs came today. Do I have to remove the front wheels to pull apart the fender wells to access the turn signal bulbs? It looks like really tight access with the wheels in the way there.
yes, u have to move ur front wheel inward so make more space.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just removed the battery on the drivers side(easier said than done, it's squeezed into there. I had a CAI on the passenger side so it was super easy to get to.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the posts. I think I can remove the stock airbox pretty easily, but I have no idea how to remove the battery! It looks like it is pretty tightly placed and well-bolted down. I think I just might remove the front bumper following Matt_H's DIY on clearing/painting the headlights. It looks like once he removed the front bumper, it is pretty easy to access the turn signal bulbs from there.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Thanks for the posts. I think I can remove the stock airbox pretty easily, but I have no idea how to remove the battery! It looks like it is pretty tightly placed and well-bolted down. I think I just might remove the front bumper following Matt_H's DIY on clearing/painting the headlights. It looks like once he removed the front bumper, it is pretty easy to access the turn signal bulbs from there.
Un bolt the battery tie down ( 8mm) then move the battery to the side or remove from set plate. ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TKBIGS, is that the silver-colored one that is closest to the headlight or is that the one that has the black cap over it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
LMAO!! all you have to do is pop three clips each side and pull back the fender liner! then reach up and twist out the turn signal bulb...

·
Registered
743 Posts
LMAO!! all you have to do is pop three clips each side and pull back the fender liner! then reach up and twist out the turn signal bulb...
lol i was gon suggest that too! thats how i did mines.. beats takin off the bumper plus its less time consuming.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Read this before you go out to purchase your bulb:

http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php/topic,5273.0.html

The 2008 manual states the wrong bulb. I'm thinking that this is because we have different headlights in the US. The rest of the world gets a city light right below the turn signal in the headlight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts