Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so any1 go stage 1 without actualy using an AP to reflash the ecu just like an open flash thrue a pc if so what program did u use and where did u get the maps and the cable?

·
Registered
646 Posts
my friend called tactrix and they said by the end of july the tactrix cable would be released...that cable will allot you to load premade or completely custom maps onto your ecu, and edit the maps once they are one...alot more capabilities then an accessport for 180 bucks

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with that programa nd corde will i be able to SAVE my stock map in order u know when my car needs to go backl to the dealer :)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yes you can take images of your ECU... If you know what you are doing... it is a much cheaper way to go.

if not I would be very careful with open source tuning... What you find out on the internet is DYI, unless you go with a tuner and then the tunes are about double the cost of an AP tune... With a proper tune you are just about the cost of a AP, which is plug and play...

If you want to go the open source route... The Tactrix cable is not ready.... I would suggest, start reading now, get your hands on as much info as you can, while you wait for the Tactrix cable.

The potential for "No Start" is huge...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts