Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well from the replies and intrest in my last how to i figured i would keep going, and make a new one with everything i do to the car. so on with the install.

First i would like to say that the Agency power BOV is a nice product, and on 50/50 i have yet to have any problems 2 weeks after install. There are how ever a few issues i have with it. First is that the nipple that you hoot the line onto is way to small and i had to use tape to make it bigger to accept the hose. Second issue i have is the placement of the horn, Its right over the bolt you need to screw in to mount the BOV, the horn also hits the side of the mounting bracket, shit my horn came alittle pre dented. One would think that they would have caught onto this during fitting/testing. Plus ontop of all that there are no instalation instructions, not like they were needed but it would have been nice.

In the box you get: the BOV, the horn, a block off for the horn port if you would like to go 100% recirc, and some rubber thing that i have no idea what the hell its for nor what it does. ( thats why instructions would be nice)

And once again we are waiting on photobucket!

On with the install!

Step 1: remove hose from crappy stock plastic BOV, and also remove the recirc hose, i found needle nose pliers worked well. Then after that use a 10mm (if i remember correctly) to remove the 2 bolts that hold the BOV onto the intercooler. Once complete do as you please with the BOV, but save the bolts! your going to need them.

Step 2: Take the agency power bov and choose your setting, 50/50, or 100% recirc. after installing the horn or the plug go ahead and install the bottom bolt hand tight, the top ones going to be a bitch if you have the horn on. (not sure if theres any issues with the block plate) I had to dent the crap out of the horn to get the bolt to go in, it makes it personallized. ;D Once on and after you take a nice swig of beer go ahead and hook up the 2 hoses, Your more than likely going to have to figure somthing out to hook up the pressure/vac line to the bov. Like stated earlier i ended up using tape, im still need to figure out a perminate solution.

Step 3: finish your beer, take a breathilizer test and give her a try, cause your done!

As always if you have any questions/comments feel free to pm me or post them in here, ill get around to them asap.

Forgot to mention about installs to come with how-tos! coming soon we have Coldair intake, new speakers all around, shift bushings, lowering springs, and im open to requests.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice write-up......=) +1 How about some sound?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Maybe you could use a open ended or ring 10 mm spanner on that hard to get at bolt to stop the damage to the horn.

·
Registered
282 Posts
....or put both bolts into the BOV and hand turn them in till the BOV seats to the IC, the tighten with wrench.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem is with the horn it hits the flange, and you cant get the bolt in. ill take a few pics. Ohh i took some sound with the new black berry but it came out with to much noise ( wind and shit like that) im going to tape the black berry under the hood and see how that works.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I contacted agency power about the back order on the CIA's and asked a few q's about the bov while i was at it. come to find out this is the same valve as the evo's so that explains the horn hitting the base and my hack job on getting the bolt in. They do have instructions but they are via there website only.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this BOV on MY08 and i had nothing but problems with it. Adjusting it was hell and was never right. I adjust one way and my car would backfire on shifts i adjusted the other way and then my car would die when cruising to a stop. anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I have a tial BOV and wrx flange that I had on my car for about a week just to have some wwaapppssshhh fun and now it sits in my garage lol..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had myself the hks one and had it working for a good bit every once n a while it would stall at a stop but other than that it was kool to have but will warn you i was told this is one reason maybe why my motor blew up because it ran my car very rich and because of all the extra gas in the motor it washed all the oil off the pistons or what a shop told me could be the reason it blew just thought i say something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts