Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard of people messing with the diverter valve have any of you guys done this or hear of it. I want to run more boost I have the ap I only look for a lbs or more for now until my stupid spt exhaust comes in next week then ill get my invidia cattless dp installed at the same time and run stage 2 but im curious about this boost question for now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What map are you running, and what is the target boost you want to see? The perrin map see's 16lbs, which is nearing the limit of the stock turbo :-\

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im running the cobb stage 1 right now im sure if i forked out the money for the stage 1 perrin i'd run higher boost but my exhaust will be in next week and ill throw a dp on as well and run cobb stage 2 i just want to try something for the next week or so to get my boost up higher. When i first installed the ap i was hitting 13.2 now it seems to be staggering out at like 12.3 i dont know why the difference

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have heard of people messing with the diverter valve have any of you guys done this or hear of it. I want to run more boost I have the ap I only look for a lbs or more for now until my stupid spt exhaust comes in next week then ill get my invidia cattless dp installed at the same time and run stage 2 but im curious about this boost question for now.
if you dont have any way to control the boost and monitor boost spikes, you really cant do anything to run more boost.
i think weight reduction would be more effective than trying to get more boost out off the stock turbo.

if you had something like this... http://www.rallitek.com/avoboac.html
i think you would be seeing more boost, but would probably want a protune to take advantage of it.

when i was stage1, i tried an electric boost controller and methanol injection. i ran it and felt a little difference, the boost was a few psi higher than stock at redline. Not really worth doing, but somebody had to do it... lol.

I hear that ICS put down 290 tq on a stock WRX with an aggressive tune. An LGT turbo with meth isn't a bad option either if you are looking for a little more power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts