Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around a bit and can't seem to find a definite answer. I'm new to Subaru's with my WRX being my first owned. I really would like to hear the turbo spool and the bpv...I was thinking about the Rallitek drop in filter, or does that not really make it that much more noticeable? I was looking at a CAI from Rallitek too, but figured if the drop in did what I wanted I could save myself some $$. I don't plan to go crazy with mods on this car, just want to get a little bit more out of it. I would like to keep the car as close to "stock" as possible. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
700 Posts
just put a CAI on my car today(what a diff)...def much louder so yes with a CAI you'll get all the cool swooosh and pshhhh sounds

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've searched around a bit and can't seem to find a definite answer. I'm new to Subaru's with my WRX being my first owned. I really would like to hear the turbo spool and the bpv...I was thinking about the Rallitek drop in filter, or does that not really make it that much more noticeable? I was looking at a CAI from Rallitek too, but figured if the drop in did what I wanted I could save myself some $$. I don't plan to go crazy with mods on this car, just want to get a little bit more out of it. I would like to keep the car as close to "stock" as possible. Any help would be appreciated!
yes, changing to the dropin will allow you to hear it. But if you changed to an Open pod filter, it'll be louder

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just put a CAI on my car today(what a diff)...def much louder so yes with a CAI you'll get all the cool swooosh and pshhhh sounds
Can I ask what kind of CAI you got? Thanks for the replies...looks like I'm going to save some $$ for a true CAI instead of the drop-in.

·
Registered
700 Posts
built my own... not ghetto or anything like that. hardest part was making a maf sensor adapter. had a local muffler shop bend the aluminum pipe for me and got a k&n cone. it looks like the ultimate racing CAI but instead of spending $200 i only spent bout 70... and now got a CEL...running lean. knew it would happen eventually. should of reset the ecu at first. so ya make sure you reset your ecu when you get one. and they way i built the maf adapter was my cuz has a MS3 and has two CAI's for some strange reason and the sensor hole is the same but the screw holes are diff so a trip to home depot solved this. then had the muffler shop bend the pipe the way i needed it. ill post a pic if i ever find my camera charger. really suprised me the diff this made. i think 3rd is where my butt-o-meter felt the biggest difference. sorry i am rambling on. everyone says i talk to much. ok done :-X

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the K&N drop in filter and it didn't change the turbo or BOV noise hardly at all. Maybe a little but if you want to really hear it I would say go with a CAI.

Seth

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the K&N drop in filter and it didn't change the turbo or BOV noise hardly at all. Maybe a little but if you want to really hear it I would say go with a CAI.

Seth
Thanks...I'm going back and forth right now....to wait another week for a paycheck or use the credit card to buy an AP and CAI from RalliTEK...life's tough decisions! ;D

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know what my choice would be LOL. RalliTek here I come! As soon as I get my move out of the way here in a couple of weeks RalliTek will be getting some of my paycheck for CAI and AP, and as soon as it is available catback for the sedan too.

Seth

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I decided I would spend the money eventually may as well spend it upfront. So I bought a CAI and AP from RalliTEK, but unfortunatly the CAI is on backorder...as soon as I get it though I'll try and get some sound/video clips ;D

·
Registered
519 Posts
A side by side compare and you will not regret that purchase at all I am sure. Other than feeling a little light in the pocket LOL.

Seth

·
Registered
629 Posts
A new filter will help....but better yet, take off the "silencer" the plastic piece that acts like a scoop for the intake. You"ll notice a difference!

·
Registered
519 Posts
The only and I would say a very small problem with that is getting a little more warm air from the engine bay instead of the cold air from the front of the car might make a small difference. Although it might only be so slight you wouldn't notice.

Seth

·
Registered
629 Posts
A sound difference is about all you'll get........no real performance. Just like piperdriver said, you might get some warm air from the engine bay. Won't hurt to give it a try if you don't wanna buy a CAI or Short/Medium Ram

1 - 13 of 13 Posts