Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 STI . it needs some attitude. im gettin it touched up on a couple of nicks then clear coating. :Dand of course tint windows and tail lights.but seriously which intake and exhaust is the best?

·
Registered
706 Posts
It honestly depends on your preference. The cars are still considered New and companies are working to get A product out There are only...maybe 3 different Cat Back Exhausts and really 1 intake inlet pipe that i know of. Anything else you'd be getting custom done.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've always been a fan of Tanabe who should be coming out with their exhaust by the end of the year they are still waiting on a test car. If you go to their website then they have clips so you can hear what the exhaust sounds like. INtake Wise I believe the best i've seen has been the SPT it's also the only one unless you count the Perrin inlet tubing.

·
Registered
752 Posts
i think you have a few options for exhaust.

you could remove the resonator from the cat-back and keep the stock STi muffler.
get a custom 2.5 or 3 inch CBE with free flowing muffler.

or depending on how crazy you want to get...
run a 3 inch downpipe and remove the stock cat-back ;D

For an intake, i'de recommend ultimate-racing. Only because that's what i went with.
i am sure you will be fine with any of the intakes available.

The stock turbo inlet hose is ok for stock. If you plan on getting an aggressive ProTune for HP numbers greater than stage 2, you might want a bigger/stronger turbo inlet hose. APS makes a nice one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts