Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm backing out of my driveway at about 3 miles an hour and cut out and the front passengers side bumper right above the fog lamp kisses the ground, just ever so barely. I jump out to see if I scratched any paint (what I thought would be the most likely big issue) and the bumper is hanging down an inch and this plastic foot long connector is poking out through the divide between the fender and the bumper. The pieces are literately held together buy an inch wide piece of plastic. I'm pissed as hell and I'll be at the dealer on monday. Shitty ass manufacture right there. I've got an 02 2.5rs and it's been a great tough car, this is bullshit. I'm about to cross reference my vin (from the other thread) too because my car is hesitating when cruising at about 3k rpm and has been making weird sounds at that RPM range.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i've scraped hard 4 times leaving my girls driveway and never had an issue. that sucks though. ive been having buyers remorse since i bought this car lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am sorry to read this. It sounds like your bumper was caught on something where it scraped, and therefore ripped off. I don't think it is any indication of the bumper's performance in a "bump" situation.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post a picture tomorrow but that was not the case. it was bumped from the bottom so to speak. the reason I'm upset is the piece that holds the bumper to the fender is a very very weak piece of plastic that didn't absorb any of the VERY VERY mild shock, it just broke. I could have broken it with my bare hands easily.

you'll see when you see the pics

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Sorry to hear that... How long have you had your ride?

;D ::) :-\ :(

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
if your WRX was manufactured in January 2008 or later, go to the dealer. there's an issue with them having knocking issues. but probably not the same, you're probably just hearing clutch chatter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No. There is no recall. There's a stop-sale on vehicles manufactured after January 8th, 2008. Few of which have even reached US dealers. Do not contact your dealer about this unless you know your vehicle was manufactured in 2008 and/or you actually have a knocking sound. Subaru has already sent letters to the few buyers who are effected. For the rest of us, it's a non-issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the piece in question

my temporary repair

it's a little bit off alignment, I'm a perfectionist

rear shot

front shot

·
Registered
243 Posts
sorry to hear that... i drive mine pretty hard done some bumpy, fun dirt roads every once in a while ::) and im surprised it hasnt happened to myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts