Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking 1/4" spacers?!?!

What do you think? I don't have $$$ for a good set of wheels right now and I'd like to do some other minor mods first, such as speakers and amp, sway bars, drop-in filter. The stock wheels are really nice looking wheels but they sit a little too far to the inside to make them really stand out. I think that if they where pushed outward enough to be more even with the body it would set the look of the stock wheels off more. This way I can hold over a little while longer before I make the commitment for the Advan's or Tenzo's I really want.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re: I'm thinking 1/4" spacers?!?!

I was contemplating this too. They have that same sunken look that Hyundai Tiburon's have and it really takes away from the muscular stance the car should have. I'll be curious to hear what others say about this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I was contemplating this too. They have that same sunken look that Hyundai Tiburon's have and it really takes away from the muscular stance the car should have. I'll be curious to hear what others say about this.
Whird. 8)

·
Registered
239 Posts

I don't think it would be worth the effort, as it the 'tippy toe' height of the car that needs to be changed. If you lower the car and color your standard wheels, it will look much better as shown from other cars displayed on this site and others already. Eg. Below is a repost of 'Third_Gen_Man' car on standard wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts

also need to remember the pain on these cars blows and the spacers will cause your tires to throw crap all over the side of your car

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I don't think it would be worth the effort, as it the 'tippy toe' height of the car that needs to be changed. If you lower the car and color your standard wheels, it will look much better as shown from other cars displayed on this site and others already. Eg. Below is a repost of 'Third_Gen_Man' car on standard wheels.
I don't like the lowered look, period. STI pinks are as low as I care for because they're lowered just enough to tighten up the look. Just my opinion. I appreciate the input however. I have to agree with the fact that road crap will be shot up the side of the car.... Possibly. The wheels sit more than a 1/2" inward from the lip so as to how much, that's up for debate.

·
Registered
646 Posts

i was just talking tonight about how i wanted like 1/4 in spacers..i have rota tarmacs and i think they sit in about 1/4 inch to much..i want them to sit flush and dont have the money for lower offset wheels yet...have u found any online for a reasonable price???i think i just might buy a set off ebay..i mean all they are is a piece of metal with holes drilled in them..they cant be to complicated and im finding em on here for 20 bucks a pair...i think imma pull the trigger on em

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

i was just talking tonight about how i wanted like 1/4 in spacers..i have rota tarmacs and i think they sit in about 1/4 inch to much..i want them to sit flush and dont have the money for lower offset wheels yet...have u found any online for a reasonable price???i think i just might buy a set off ebay..i mean all they are is a piece of metal with holes drilled in them..they cant be to complicated and im finding em on here for 20 bucks a pair...i think imma pull the trigger on em
I've seen a few out there and have come close to even buying the 1/2"-ers but non of them say they are a fitted for the WRX so I'm a little too doubtful to pull the trigger. Let us know which ones you got and how they workout... Pic's too!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

I've used 1/8th inch spacers to help the 02 WRX wheels clear the JDM (22B) 4-pot brakes. Spacers work well, had no problems whatsoever with the 1/8th inch spacers when used for autocross and things of the like.

You will just want to make sure that you still have enough length of the wheel studs left so that your wheel can adquately be held onto on the hub...nothing would suck more than your lugs popping off and you losing a tire...has anyone used 1/4 inch spacers before without longer wheel studs?

·
Registered
646 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts

Is 1/4" thread really enough? That would make me really nervous.

Edit: I read that totally backwards. I'm considering picking up a set today for $40. I'll post up results if I do.

·
Registered
646 Posts

im gonna order some soon...just picked up a set of pristine 18x 8.5ssr type c off a redneck guy who did not know what he had..so imma run 1/4 spacers so they wont rub the strut

·
Registered
369 Posts

Hmmm... there's not a whole lot of thread on those lugs. It seems like 1/4" spacers wouldn't leave much after that.

·
Registered
646 Posts

400 bucks ;D... im still yet to order these 8mm spacers ive been trying to...i keep ordering other stuff and then i remmeber these...i may wait until winter and see if i can run them that close to the fenders after i get coilovers and lower it down about another inch or 2...cobb springs arent low enough ::)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

Nice deal, cobb springs aren't low enough?

You know that your ride will look badass, but your handling will probably suffer if it is dropped that low...the angle of the suepension components will be all wacked out.

·
Registered
646 Posts

yeahh i know ... im not to worried about it though...ill probably lift it back up to where i am now or so for winter and random drives...sacrafices sacrafices haha

·
Registered
646 Posts

im gonna bump this thread becasue im curious if anyone has done it yet... i recently went through a series of transactions locally that has ended me up with stock wheels...but alot of cool stuff on the way ;D...and i am thinking about getting some spacers...i have heard to large of spacers are really hard on your..wheel bearings??...along with low offset wheels...but how big is to big?? im thinking these 8mm or 10mm spacers...that should put the stock wheels down to high 40's offset which is a pretty good look for subaru wheels...plus the stock wheels just look really clean...there are some 25mm spacers that come with new studs that would look insanely good. flush sitting stock wheels ftw!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__8mm-Wheel-Spacer-5x100-5x114-3-5x108-5x112-5x115-5x120_W0QQitemZ250261312501QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

1 - 20 of 31 Posts