Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if that grille will fit the 08 sedan? It should right, considering both front ends are the same besides the bumper? Or is it different mounting points for the grille? Really like this one cause of the air inlet to the intake.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
if it fits the hatch (including STI), it will fit the sedan. All of the grills are interchangeable.

·
Registered
954 Posts
dude that thing is sick!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
if it fits the hatch (including STI), it will fit the sedan. All of the grills are interchangeable.
are you 100% positive on this? i asked the dude from rallysport and he said ings has it listed as sti only

·
Registered
217 Posts
if the stock STi grill fit the WRX (both 4dr and 5dr)... i am pretty sure the INGS grill will fit the WRX as well

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
are you 100% positive on this? i asked the dude from rallysport and he said ings has it listed as sti only
Both the STI grille and WRX grills use the exact same mounting points. Even if this grill uses some sort of hole that is specific to the STI, which isn't likely, it would be incredibly simple to mod it to fit using those mounting points, or adding new ones.

The only reason there would be fitment issues on a WRX would be if the grill uses mounting points or contours in a way that is specific to the ings+1 front bumper (I don't remember if that kit is just a lip, or if it is the entire bumper).

There are a LOT of parts out there that are made for one trim, and haven't been tested on another, so they say it is STI specific, but they fit just fine on both.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This isn't my car, but another WRX here in CO I know of from a local Subie forum.

The grill apparently fits fine.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That DEF doesn't look like it fits good at all... look at it extend past the lights... look at the hood and grille.. doesn't meet flush AT ALL... i'm glad I seen pics of that cause i'm def not buying it now... looks like garbage... no offence to his ride but just doesn't look good at all (fitment wise)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Fitment looks fine. What you are seeing is an effort to extend the lines of the hood down into the grille a little bit. I mean the look isn't the greatest, but it definitely looks like it fits.

·
Registered
954 Posts
That DEF doesn't look like it fits good at all... look at it extend past the lights... look at the hood and grille.. doesn't meet flush AT ALL... i'm glad I seen pics of that cause i'm def not buying it now... looks like garbage... no offence to his ride but just doesn't look good at all (fitment wise)
i understand what your sayin.

dude who posted the pics. . . .can you try to take some more, maybe from a side angle or from a top angle looking down?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i understand what your sayin.

dude who posted the pics. . . .can you try to take some more, maybe from a side angle or from a top angle looking down?
wasn't his car

·
Registered
954 Posts
/\/\ i know that but he got pics some how so i figured he could get more

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
The only thing I'd worry about having that grille in CO is that it looks like it will feed all that sand and rock they lay down right into your intake scoop. As much as I like replacing my filter every month in the winter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I found the pics on another forum and posted them here in hopes of helping out anyone interested in this grill. I do not personally know the owner of the vehicle, nor have I seen this car in person so I can't really get any more pics, sorry.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I found the pics on another forum and posted them here in hopes of helping out anyone interested in this grill. I do not personally know the owner of the vehicle, nor have I seen this car in person so I can't really get any more pics, sorry.

oh alright, i get it :p

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think that grill looks sick

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks like the black car's owner didn't install it correctly. I put the STI grille on my 08 and there are these tabs that need to slide in holes in the bumper to fit correctly and not stick out. You also need the 4 screws on the bottom to hold it in correctly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts