·
Registered
3,474 Posts
WRX and STi = with screen up to 540cc/ 580cc and w/o screen up to 800cc

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how much boost could you put throught the system with stock injectors? I heard that 16 psi is about it then other stuff needs to be done. Any truth or insight?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
how much boost could you put throught the system with stock injectors? I heard that 16 psi is about it then other stuff needs to be done. Any truth or insight?
I think it is 18psi, I am seeing 17 - 17.5 on my OEM turbo and injectors

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The stock injectors are fine with whatever boost you decide to run on the stock turbo. After that (basically you have done a turbo upgrade) Psi is actually irrevelant as you would need to calculate the total air volume coming into the engine rather than boost levels. Once a volume has been calculated on a particular turbo and/or someone else has the same setup, then you can compare boost levels with what the stock injectors can handle.
For example: a T88 running at 15psi can handle roughly 600hp and needs at least 550cc injectors you car stock at 15psi is at about 200hp and is fine on 340cc.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The stock injectors are fine with whatever boost you decide to run on the stock turbo. After that (basically you have done a turbo upgrade) Psi is actually irrevelant as you would need to calculate the total air volume coming into the engine rather than boost levels. Once a volume has been calculated on a particular turbo and/or someone else has the same setup, then you can compare boost levels with what the stock injectors can handle.
For example: a T88 running at 15psi can handle roughly 600hp and needs at least 550cc injectors you car stock at 15psi is at about 200hp and is fine on 340cc.
That's true... I guess I fixated on the PSI side of the question oops ::). Thanks for keeping it on track! I need more

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
That true... I guess I fixated on the PSI side of the question oops ::). Thanks for keeping it on track! I need more
It's all good. Coffee actually does sound good right about now. Thanks or the craving ;D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it a good idea to take the filter out?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
any clues 'bout the 2.5I injectors, sounds like a cool upgrade

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Is it a good idea to take the filter out?
May I ask why?
Instead of replacing/upgrading them just removing the filter? I didnt know there was a filter
Then ok. If you are knowledgeable about how to do this, and need to, then yes you can do it and be safe.
Agency power also offers this service for a fee. :)
Good luck
BTW a bit of cleaning and machining for smoothness along with new rings are recommended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts