Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running this intake? Injen is claiming 38hp and 39tq. Those sound like great numbers but I can't find any dyno sheets to back it up. If anyone is running this intake, what are your experiences with it? Also I am pretty new to tuning especially turbo cars so my question is will this intake require a tune if ran on an 09 wrx?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Is anyone running this intake? Injen is claiming 38hp and 39tq. Those sound like great numbers but I can't find any dyno sheets to back it up. If anyone is running this intake, what are your experiences with it? Also I am pretty new to tuning especially turbo cars so my question is will this intake require a tune if ran on an 09 wrx?
i don't believe the numbers too

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, we just need to find someone who has it or someone who has a dyno of it. Im guessing its going to be around 15hp not almost 40hp.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
They show the actual dyno charts on the box. and on their website. Too bad it's not for their production model :p
I know the guy whose STi they dyno'd. These numbers are for the STi for one, not the WRX the WRX only gets about 15 like stated earlier. Second it was for their racing prototype. Which increased boost 2.2 psi. Made afr jump to 13.1.
Needless to say lean + boost = lots of hp
But the prodution models are much more conservative.
AFR's only jump to low 12s this time around with about a 1.2psi increase in boost.

Maybe about a 20whp gain or so w/o a tune (for STi). Less for the WRX

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I am pretty new to tuning would the injen cai be safe on the 09 wrx? Or will the car run lean and unsafe?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
OK I am pretty new to tuning would the injen cai be safe on the 09 wrx? Or will the car run lean and unsafe?
It should be safe as long as no other mods are done to the car.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should be safe as long as no other mods are done to the car.
What if I plan on running down pipe, up pipe and cat back exhaust with it? Because this is as far as I plan to go with mods.

·
Registered
700 Posts
DP you'll need a tune. just a cat back you should be fine. and up pipe is really not a need to get part right away.

·
Registered
403 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so with a tune and those parts do you have an idea of how much whp ill be putting down?

·
Registered
700 Posts
no clue cuz the 09 already starts off with much more hp then the 08's. i would say you'll see probally bout 20-35+ whp also depends on your tuner

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok we will see what happens. I am sure as people start having the cars longer there will be more info available. I have been talking to someone from Perrin Performance to try and get a group buy together for their down pipes ;D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not to bring back an old thread but the injen intake says it tunes itself to the car is that true? So will be ok with out one?

·
Registered
700 Posts
not to bring back an old thread but the injen intake says it tunes itself to the car is that true? So will be ok with out one?

a cars ecu will sorta tune its self within the parameters the engineers that designed it, gave it. with just a cold air the car will make adjustments to the proper AFR and such.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
As long as nothing else is done to the car, you shuld be fine. The "tunes itself" is only up to a certain level. The engine can only compensate for a limited increase in air flow in this case, it leans out the fuel curve to around the 12 range which is safe in itself but any more mods and you slowly creep into the red zone.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, I called Injen because I live close to their shop and after they said after Sema I can go down there and they are gonna use my car to see how their cai works on the 09 and dyno it and what not ;D so if I do not hear from them by mid November im gonna give them a call.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, we'll see if it actually goes down im gonna stay on them and hopefully my car will make it on their website ;D

·
Registered
496 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts