Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey jsut got the boost gauge installed the other day and jsut wanted to see what people on the forum thought about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
looks really good. thats the maddad clarity ultra 52mm correct? i have the same thing on order. did you use the mounting cup provided?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey jsut got the boost gauge installed the other day and jsut wanted to see what people on the forum thought about it.
I will let you know I am getting Prosport Premium Electric Gauge soon. Hopefully in time to install it over the weekend ;)

Looks clean... I like it!

·
Registered
216 Posts
do you know if the defi 52mm gauge cup will fit the maddad ultras? i remember seeing the 60mm being 66mm in the back, so is it the same thing with the 52mm?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i have a prosport as well. Looks basically the same. I think it looks good.
Well I just got my ProSport Gauge... This looks like kind of a pain in the @ss... It will get done... I just need to get a game plan together first.

Tora I got a question for you.
I am looking at the mounting options that came with the gauge. I am not really liking what I am seeing. How did you mount your gauge? This looks like my only option:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
left coast. Those pods are actually pretty nice, and are pretty much exactly what defi sends with their units. What you COULD probably do is get the defi mounting kit, which replaces that flat podium type thing with a swiveling mount, which would be pretty good to mount on your steering column. I wish I saved the pod that came with my STRI gauge as it is the same as well, so I could do that. I wouldn't try to tape that little podium to anything that isn't flat though. The way they bend doesn't really allow them to adhere to curved surfaces very well and it will fall off. Also, apparently prosport gauges tend to be slightly longer, so it kind of restricts what sort of pods you can use for mounting. Something to think about.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Actually I went out and got an AutoMeter cup from my local performance shop... It is going to work just fine.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That mounting cup is the exact one that came with my Defi boost gauge. Don't know about the swivel mount unless I was the unlucky Defi customer that got the shit mount lol.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
That mounting cup is the exact one that came with my Defi boost gauge. Don't know about the swivel mount unless I was the unlucky Defi customer that got the shit mount lol.
no, they all come with those mounting pad thingers, you have to order the swivel mount separately.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Here is my new set up ;D ProSport Gauge + AutoMeter mount n Hopefully it is going to be installed tomorrow!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What wires did you tap into? Clock? I have an 09' and seem to have a problem finding access, let alone what wires to tap into.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts