Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was curious to see how everyone would be installing their front replica v lip that they purchased from alex. Thanks

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I drilled holes through the lip and bumper and connected it with screw + lock washer + nut... thing isn't going anywhere... I put pics up in my car thread and the group buy thread

·
Registered
954 Posts
i have a different lip but its all the same. i used two sets of nuts/bolts on each side, and big plastic push pins for everywhere else. holds tight and alot easier than putting on 100 nuts and bolts. iv scraped it pretty hard already :mad: and it hasnt fallen off so i guess its cool :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
The lip doesnt comes with holes?
Do I have to drill holes thur the bumper, cause I see some orignal holes on the bumper already.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
One thing you could do if you don't want to drill so much is to clean off the bottom of the bumper really, really well with some alcohol, and clean off the lip with some alcohol, and use the 3m double sided automotive tape. If the surfaces are cleaned well that stuff sticks like crazy. I'd still use some nuts and bolts on top of that though, just not as many. Still, I think nuts bolts and lock washers are still a better solution given that they will be pretty much completely hidden.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
One thing you could do if you don't want to drill so much is to clean off the bottom of the bumper really, really well with some alcohol, and clean off the lip with some alcohol, and use the 3m double sided automotive tape. If the surfaces are cleaned well that stuff sticks like crazy. I'd still use some nuts and bolts on top of that though, just not as many. Still, I think nuts bolts and lock washers are still a better solution given that they will be pretty much completely hidden.
Stuff def sticks real good. But I don't think it will work so well on an object that will have so much downforce pressure. Might save you some nuts and bolts if you want to use both. But really you can't notice any bolts sticking threw. And even if you take it off later on, the holes are on the bottom of the bumper. Who is going to crawl under your car besides you?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Stuff def sticks real good. But I don't think it will work so well on an object that will have so much downforce pressure. Might save you some nuts and bolts if you want to use both. But really you can't notice any bolts sticking threw. And even if you take it off later on, the holes are on the bottom of the bumper. Who is going to crawl under your car besides you?

squirrels. I WIN!

·
Registered
114 Posts
DId you guys reuse the old clip on the car at all
Or did you just cover it?
I m having problem putting it on.. it is very loose.

·
Registered
365 Posts
how do people get the nuts on there? do you go through the plastic fender lining or actually avoid it? and post locations of installed nuts and bolts without the double sided tape please?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts