Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i only had time for a short drive after completing the ecu flash. WOW! I am very happy with the results. max boost was 15.8 but solid boost in the 14.5 to low 15lbs. stock where the boost seemed to fall off fast after 4500 rpm's it is so much better up to 5500-6000. i can't wait to take it out and drive it more. my gas mileage is going to suck for a while because i am going to be punching it all the time now. ;D

·
Registered
109 Posts
haha yes it is a nice map. So nice in fact that I was kinda disappointed after going Stage 2 without a Perrin 93 map 8)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
i only had time for a short drive after completing the ecu flash. WOW! I am very happy with the results. max boost was 15.8 but solid boost in the 14.5 to low 15lbs. stock where the boost seemed to fall off fast after 4500 rpm's it is so much better up to 5500-6000. i can't wait to take it out and drive it more. my gas mileage is going to suck for a while because i am going to be punching it all the time now. ;D
Was this a 1st or second gear pull? Target boost should be higher (like 17 or so). But then again it takes about 100mi for the Perrin map to really kick in. Your throttle should also feel pretty dead for the first 2cms or so also.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3rd and 4th. it was during rush hour so i couldn't test it like i wanted to. i had limited space on the road before i was on the rear of the cars in front of me. i'll see what happens next time i get it out and can really test it and what happens after that 100 miles. thanks for the info. early sunday morning is the best time to take a spirited drive around here.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Update when you hit the 100mi mark. You should feel a big big diff. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a catback SPT exhaust. stock other then that.
i hope to soon do front and rear swaybars and rear endlinks. maybe STI springs.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Does running stage 1 on a 93 map mean your car is completely stock?
Was this a question to the OP
Stage 1 means no other mods (engine) other than a drop-in filter, and/or a CBE, lightweight pulleys and such. Pretty much nothing that can alter or skew the AFRs significantly.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
talk about a car running rich. my exhaust tailpipe was pretty clean. my 04 forester xt stock was very black from subarus rich mapping. perrin map installed and my tailpipe is nice and black again. ;D

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
talk about a car running rich. my exhaust tailpipe was pretty clean. my 04 forester xt stock was very black from subarus rich mapping. perrin map installed and my tailpipe is nice and black again. ;D
Something is going on bro. The AFRs from Perrin are leaner than stock. they run about mid 12s OEM mapping is high 10s - low 11s.

I would start monitoring how your engine is running via Accessport.

Better be safe than sorry

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
are you talking air\fuel ratio? AFR? at idle it is like 14.6/14.7 which at cobbs forum i read is normal. have not had a chance to see what numbers i hit under boost but sounds like everything is fine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
took a drive from NJ to MD and back and then went up in the catskills to snowboard today. the car is just getting better with the perrin map. the car is just rocking when accelerating. i do not feel the power fall off like the stock car. it just keeps pulling up to redline. i was doing 70 to 90mph on the thruway and my mileage ended up being 26.7 for the trip. very satisfied with the perrin map. if i go stage 2 i will definitely look in to the stage 2 perrin map.
two thumbs up! ;)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
are you talking air\fuel ratio? AFR? at idle it is like 14.6/14.7 which at cobbs forum i read is normal. have not had a chance to see what numbers i hit under boost but sounds like everything is fine.
Glad you are happy with the map :)
Yes to everything you said on this post. 14.7 idle but WOT under boost is what I was referring to. Perrin shoots for mid-12 which is a bit leaner than stock.

Have fun.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Stage 1 means no other mods (engine) other than a drop-in filter, and/or a CBE, lightweight pulleys and such. Pretty much nothing that can alter or skew the AFRs significantly.
[/quote]

So for me, the only performance mod that I have on my car is the SPT Exhaust. Does this mean I should get the stage 2 map?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
So for me, the only performance mod that I have on my car is the SPT Exhaust. Does this mean I should get the stage 2 map?
[/quote]

No...that's stage 1

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
[/quote]

Stage 1

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Something is going on bro. The AFRs from Perrin are leaner than stock. they run about mid 12s OEM mapping is high 10s - low 11s.

I would start monitoring how your engine is running via Accessport.

Better be safe than sorry

In case you didnt catch my other post, the colored lines are tuned (perrin's is leaner), gray is stock. Note that stock is richer under WOT boost conditions but leaner to stoic up until 4k rpm WOT.

Closed throttle still close to stoic and non WOT still close to stoic but richer in boost transistion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i took a quick look at my air fuel ratio. Looks like under boost it is running 11%. now that i have datalogging with my AP i can really take a good look at it.
Thanks for the info.
Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts