Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to the installation of an Invidia catless DP my car was stock, except for Perrinn stage 1 version 2 map.
The car felt like it had lots of balls etc... it was fun to drive and the engine sounded cool while being driven.

Here is what i did:
Installed Invidia DP, catless one, that i got from ebay for 269$...
So after the installation, i loaded COBB stage 2 93 octane map, i did let it warm up, drove it for 10 mins so the tranny would get warmer, and did a pull, car did not feel any faster than just with the Perrin map, so i stopped, let it roll a little from 1st, WOT, 2nd WOT, 3rd WOT, at around 5k got the cel. Was not really impressed with the performace.
Did try some other maps that came with AP, and all i can say, it runs the best with Perrin stg 1 map.
It does sound completely different, you can hear the turbo spool up quicker, and it has that "hissing" sound to it. nothing that was there before. Honestly i don't really like it, and my butt dyno did not notice too much, if any at all difference.
Can't wait for stage 2 map.....

btw, car is completely quiet, with stock exhaust, and the invidia dp did bolt up just fine to everything. All the noise gains are coming from the engine bay.

·
Registered
549 Posts
the preloaded cobb stage 2 map in the AP is for a catted system. you're gonna have to get a map that was custom for a catless ..or go get a protune.

the CEL you got i bet was a P0244? ...or something like that.? its just basically a boost cut. you were overboosting.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, that was the cell, im happy with perrin's map, will wait for more mods, and custom tune, or for someone to actually have close enough mods to work with my car.
How come im not throwing any codes that have to do with no cats an oxygen sensor in the dp?

·
Registered
549 Posts
How come im not throwing any codes that have to do with no cats an oxygen sensor in the dp?
the map that you flash into your ecu is telling the computer thats there is no cat there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the preloaded cobb stage 2 map in the AP is for a catted system. you're gonna have to get a map that was custom for a catless ..or go get a protune.

the CEL you got i bet was a P0244? ...or something like that.? its just basically a boost cut. you were overboosting.
Are you saying that he got "boost creep" even with the stock cat-back?

·
Registered
549 Posts
if you go catless, yepp. all that can be fix with a good tune.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hope Perrin's stage 2 map will take care of it:) for now i will stick with the Perrin map, the car is a beast anyway:)

·
Registered
549 Posts
i hope Perrin's stage 2 map will take care of it:) for now i will stick with the Perrin map, the car is a beast anyway:)
sent you a PM!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts