Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious as to where you found the VSS and reverse. I have the D3 and have yet to hook those up.
At the moment I dont have either hooked up but still works good. As far as the reverse wire your supposed to run back to your reverse lights. Cancer22 seems to know where the vss is here is what he told me "i've found speedsense in an easier spot... its pink/green at the cluster pin 32 the cluster comes out pretty easy.. drop the lower dash then pull the shroud towards the wheel then two phillips and the cluster is out the ecu is kind of a bitch to get to on the pass floor". I dont know if you need the ilum wire but this http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1390628 forum indicates it to be the darker of the 2 purple wires in the power harness next to black/blue ground. I havent plugged these wires yet i'm just going to have installer to when amp wire is ran to the trunk.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Curious as to where you found the VSS and reverse. I have the D3 and have yet to hook those up.
You can access the VSS wire behind the instrument cluster. It is a pink/green striped wire going out the back of the cluster with all of the other wires. I posted instructions on how to get to it in another similar thread. There's a nice place to route wires between it and the HU and everything. I've heard you can access it below the glove box as well, but I can't confirm that.

I've heard a number of people with the Avic units say they didn't need to hook up the speed sense wire. I did it just because it was pretty easy to get to once identified. I do NOT have the reverse wire hooked up. I hate wiring and running wires, and it doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of correct positioning. Unless you drive in reverse all day long, I probably wouldn't even worry about it.

As for the JDM dash kit, you can get it from Japanparts.com. http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=15881
The site says it's for a single din, but I assume that is just due to poor translation because it is a double din panel. It's a little expensive, but it's worth it imo, and looks TONS better than a 3rd party dash kit. I had the metra before, and while it looked decent, it didn't look like it came with the car, which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
how does the avic z2 work?..i ve heard its pretty slow. hows the navigation feature? and wats the difference between z2 and z3?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think that the F series is slower than the z series. I have the F series. It is slow...but not horribly so. I handle it just fine. It takes 25 seconds to boot to full functionality. 10 seconds or so to boot.

joneSi

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
^^slow, but so awesome. I like my D3, and it's not slow at all, but I'd take a little slowness for the better features.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts